Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tandoori Chicken on SnS Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tandoori Chicken on SnS Recipe

fzxdoc and

@bbqoaf

INGREDIENTS
    1 large chicken cut into pieces
    1 tablespoon toasted ground cumin
    1 tablespoon toasted paprika
    1/2 tablespoon toasted ground coriander seed
    /2 teaspoon ground turmeric
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1/2 tablespoon achiote or a few drops red food coloring (optional)
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
    1 cup plain yogurt (Greek yogurt is best)
    juice of 1 lemon
    3 tablespoons cup kosher salt (For dry brine)
    Thinly sliced raw onion
    1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro leaves
    2 lemons or limes, cut into wedges

INSTRUCTIONS
    Combine cumin, paprika, coriander, turmeric, cayenne, achiote, garlic, ginger, yogurt, lemon juice, and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Pour marinade all over chicken, mix well to coat every surface. cover loosely and refrigerate. Allow to marinate for at least 4 hours and up to 8, turning occasionally.
    I front seared the chicken on the SnS (charcoal only, no smoke) to get nice color being careful not to burn the chicken. Then put on the cool side until the breast read 165 and the legs and thighs closer to 175.
    I brought the excess marinade to a boil and used it as a sauce. Was delicious.
    Serve with cilantro, onion and limes.
    I toasted my spices before I mixed them in the yogurt.
    I did not have achiote or red food coloring. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9908.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	182700 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9916.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	182699 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9928.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	182701
    Last edited by troymeister; June 19, 2016, 02:34 AM.

Very, VERY nice cook, my friend! Using yogurt as a marinade is a very underrated method for most grillers. Which is too bad, really, as it is so good, easy and so versatile. Try using Thai red curry paste in your yogurt. I use it when grilling meat(s) for noodle bowls. It gets red without adding a separate color. It has everything a growing griller needs...lol

Comment

Thanks for this, sounds great, I need to try this soon.

Comment

• troymeister
        troymeister commented
        Editing a comment
        bbqoaf Let me know how it works out..and what you did differently. My wife and 2 guests are still raving.

That is a beautiful meal!

Comment

Love those plates

Comment

• troymeister
          troymeister commented
          Editing a comment
          Mikasa from the late 60's early 70's. They were a house warming gift. I have to admit I've grown to really like them.

• martybartram
          martybartram commented
          Editing a comment
          Funny how styles come and go and come back again!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here