Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thighs and Lollipops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thighs and Lollipops

So this weekend I did my first ever thighs and lollipops. Two different flavors, peach and memphis citrus (Huskys recipe). The meat and flavors were spot on but he skins were just bad. On the thighs I scraped the skins until see through and still not bite trough. The legs not even close. I dry brined for about 3 hours before the cook. I cooked on the pbc at about 270 (Maverick probes are acting up again) for about two hours. Glazed them at 160 and let them go until 170. What else can I do to get bite through, not crispy, skin? BTW, I hate chicken skin, but I figure a good pitmaster should be able to do it. Thanks for looking and for any help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	13432222_1039647219445093_4696561208468892800_n.jpg?oh=12d8e90cea6c4d1d7a584179c1f3f8e7&oe=580C8C41.jpeg
Views:	26
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	180259

Beautiful!!!

Comment

For decent poultry skin, you need to crank your PBC temp up to at least 325 (350 might be better).

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here