Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honey Pineapple PBC wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ernest
    commented on 's reply
    LOL!! I had been using Gochujang for years before this post. hoovarmin

• Ernest
    commented on 's reply
    cashelton I donated my PBC a few years ago. BUT! I came across one at a store and almost bought it. I'm sure I'll get another one in the near future

• hoovarmin
    replied
    cashelton if you hadn't posted on this I probably wouldn't have seen it. Killer post - Ernest was using Gouchujang in 2014 before all the rest of us jumped on the bandwagon. Pretty cool.

Leave a comment:

• cashelton
    replied
    Just stumbled across this doing random PBC searches, and oh my....those wings look fantastic!

Ernest, do you still use the PBC much these days?

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    commented on 's reply
    I go to an Asian store for wings. $1.20 a pound
    Beats buying at wingstop!!

• Charley from Tampa
    commented on 's reply
    No crap. I have noticed that too. 3.50 or so a pound??? That is crazy.

• atlpbc
    replied
    Great looking wings. Looking forward to trying this with my PBC!

Leave a comment:

• charchamp
    replied
    the one thing that urks me about wings is the cost, my wife and I use to purchase them for .50 cents a pound, now they want as much as breast meat. Your wings look great and sound delicious.

Leave a comment:

• Charley from Tampa
    replied
    Ha-ha. Thanks, guys. I know that salting something for taste is an art. I'm referring to a 'dry brine', so to speak. I didn't know if there was a measurement per pound.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I agree. Measuring salt in this context is too...too something...I don't know. I just put it on. No one measures salt when adding it to their fries or their mashed potatoes. Not neceesary!

• Ernest
    replied
    NO poking was involved,
    I really do not measure salt, I go by feel. You will "feel it" when you have added enough salt,

Leave a comment:

• Charley from Tampa
    replied
    Wow. Those wings look amazing. how much salt did you use for how many wings? Did you have to poke holes in the skin?

Leave a comment:

• Ricky Good Times
    commented on 's reply
    THanks for the tip ernest will try that.

• Ernest
    commented on 's reply
    I tell what, salt the wings a day in advance, leave them uncovered, preferably raised on a cooling rack in a rimmed baking sheet. You'll never deep fry wings again.
    Make sure your PBC is running hot.

• Ricky Good Times
    replied
    Looks great! Both wings and cocktail. I agree with Gunder. I now have 3 or 4 wing recipes to try out. Although i like the idea of PBC over the fried.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here