Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honey Pineapple PBC wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henrik
    replied
    ...and yet again, mankind continues to evolve! . Sounds great, I'll be trying that for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    commented on 's reply
    Recipe for the drink? Well It came up as a necessity. See, I ran out of the twenty grand vodka.

I needed to fill up the jar so I grabbed some ginger beer and filled it. Now it's my go to cocktail

• Henrik
    replied
    Killer wings right there! That drink sure provided inspiration, serving it in a jar is genius. Recipe please?

Leave a comment:

• Gunderich_1
    replied
    Ernest,
    Thank you for that recipe. Those wings look amazing! I will be giving them a try using your instructions very soon. Wow! I love being a member of this site. I learn something every time I log on.
    Regards,
    Tim

Leave a comment:

• bbqoaf
    replied
    I want wings now, they look incredible. I find smoked wings have the best texture.

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    started a topic Honey Pineapple PBC wings

Honey Pineapple PBC wings

Sunday NFL backyard tailgating, wings and drinks
    So I thought I'd experiment with a different sauce, buffalo wings are so 1984.

First I needed to clear my mind, that's Twenty Grand cognac infused vodka with Crabbie's ginger beer. Makes a fine cocktail.

Back to wings, I like a sweet with heat. So I got pureed pineapple, Oyster sauce for a little savory flavor, Honey and Gochujang (fermented korean chili paste)

Mix those and tasted as I went along..

Had salted wings and left uncovered overnight. This process gives me the crispiest wings without deep frying.
    Fired up the PBC using Ozark Oak lump charcoal. Rub the wings with peanut oil and placed on the grate

Turn them after 15 minutes. When they're almost done, takes about 40 minutes with my PBC setup running at around 360 degrees, give them a bath in the glaze. Look at the color. You would think that I deep fried them.

Put them back on the grate for about 5 minutes and repeat the bath one more time. Hey look, hot dogs on there too.

Time to eat, no dipping sauce necessary, just an adult beverage.
    These had a subtle sweet pineappley salty taste with a hint of heat from the chili paste.
    I ended up adding about 2 tablespoons each of honey and oyster sauce and about a tablespoon of the chili paste to the pineapple puree. They have these purees at whole foods market or you can puree fresh pineapple.
    FANTASTIC

Last edited by Ernest; September 15, 2014, 09:43 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here