Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken wings on the smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken wings on the smoker

I did a batch the other day and everyone who ate them thought they were good. I dry brinned them for an hour, then I used Mrs. Meatheads vinegarette for a couple of hours, I started smoking with hickory pellets at 180F for one hour, then I turned temp up on my Traeger to 225F for 30 minutes then I turned it up to 400F for the last 30 minutes and they were done. They were crispy and moist and my wife was impressed, she wants me to do them again soon.

Congrats on a successful cook, Argoboy! Try to load some pics next time....we love to be tantalized.

Comment

Can't argue with calls for a repeat appearance!

Comment

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        Histrix, Welcome to The Pit! Your Post to Argoboy was Spot On!
        Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        Guest, You might as a New Member of The Pit want to check in with Guest and David Parrish for your Marching
        Orders! It is better to Not Postpone that Little Detail. 😙🤔😇🤔😙. From Fargo ND, Dan

Argoboy - if the troops are happy, what else can you ask for? I'd chalk this one as a success! Kudos to you.

Comment

I think chicken wings might edge out pork butts for the world's most versatile and forgiving grill & smoker meat.

Comment

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          My wife likes wings more than she likes steak!

Sounds like a successful plan!

Comment

WTG! Where's the pics? We love pics!

Comment

Sounds great! Any sauces on the side?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here