Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Chicken ever (and I've owned 7 restaurants)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Chicken ever (and I've owned 7 restaurants)

I followed the recipe...Cut whole bird in 1/2. Salted (dry brined) for a few hours and then covered both sides with Meatheads Memphis rub. Smoked in my Green Mountain pellet stove at 190 degrees till it turned 150 (about 2 hours). Took it inside and put under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp up the top. I did put some butter on in the smoker as I feared it would be dried out (foolish fear). All of agreed it was the best tasting chicken we had EVER had. Simple. WIsh my restaurants had a smoker as this was off the hook

WElcoem to The Pit Scott007! Have you ever tried doing one at 325-350? Off the chain good. Such a quick cook it retains juices like you wouldn't believe!

Comment

• Scott007
      Scott007 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks...going to try it tonight..if I can get the smoker that hot as it raining hard here in California (finally)!!!

Welcome to the Pit! There are more good things to come.

Comment

Welcome Scott007

Comment

Congrats on a great chicken cook, Scott007 ! Eating chicken fresh off the smoker is a pure slice of heaven. Glad you enjoyed it, and welcome to the Pit!

Kathryn

Comment

Scott007, Welcome to The Pit! Congrats on Your Chicken! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome, can't beat a good smoker chicken.

Comment

Chicken off the smoker - a family favorite! Welcome and Enjoy!

Comment

nothin' like smoked chicken with hickory

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Scott007 . Love me some smoked chicken too!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here