Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goose Breast Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goose Breast Recipe

I was recently fortunate enough to be gifted with some wild goose breast. I have no idea how to cook them. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Thunder77, It's been years since I have had Goose Tame or Wild! I remember my folks would generally roast the Goose with Bacon Draped on the Breast! This was smothered in Onions as I think back I doubt any seasonings more than Salt & Pepper were used! This is not much of a recipe I am Posting, I just want to caution You that Goose Breast can be Dry!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thunder77, Just hang on the Real Chefs will be with you directly! Dan

If my memory serves me correctly, I think there was somebody making pastrami out of duck or goose breast. But I will be darned if I can find the threads.

Comment

Found it https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...reast-pastrami

Comment

Dry brine slice grill to 160°

Please keep in mind I eat a lot of wild fowl. Its not everyones thing.

A milder simple approach is soak in Italian dressing overnight, grill to 160°

Its lean and wonderful stuff.

Comment

They make great jerky. Just slice them up and marinade with your favorite jerky cure and dry/smoke.

Also like goose kabobs. 1/2 c. Worchestershire sauce
          1/2 c. Soy sauce
          1 tbsp. lemon juice
          1 tbsp. pepper
          1 tsp. seasoning salt

....add these together and transfer to a zip-lock bag and put the cubed meat in the bag...let marinate for at least 24 hrs. (If they marinate for another 24 hrs., the goose is extra spicy!!)

When ready to cook, wrap one piece of meat (about a 2 inch piece) with a piece of bacon and a jalapeno pepper slice (only if you like them hot). Place on skewers with onions and green peppers and grill until done!!

I've also injected them with a mixture of soy sauce, a splash of liquid smoke, Worcestershire, onion powder, and garlic powder and then wrapped in bacon and baked with a can of sour kraut dumped on top. Sounds strange, but it does turn out very tasty.

Comment

Lots of great recipes for duck/goose (including the pastrami link above) at Honest-Food.net

Comment

I am cooking a duck for the first time today on the weber. The honest-food site was helpful but I immediately noticed a lot of myths that have been busted by Dr Blonder and Meathead. I am going to use things I have learned from both today. The first challenge was convincing Mrs. "Well done" Bartram that duck breast should be served medium to medium-rare.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here