Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When "Boneless Chicken Wings" aren't "Boneless Chicken Wings"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BWW has responded via Twitter

It’s true.
    Our boneless wings are all white meat chicken.
    Our hamburgers contain no ham.
    Our buffalo wings are 0% buffalo.

Comment

• Murdy
      Murdy commented
      Editing a comment
      I know they're just being smarmy, but I'd point out that the latter two have well-known geographic origins, while "boneless wings" has not similar known meaning.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I was going to post this reply but you beat me. Bdubs has a great social media manager.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Murdy I think the whole point in labeling this frivolous is that any rational human knows this, but even if they crawled out from a rock and didn't know they aren't actually wing meat, *suing* for damages over this is frivolous. It just can't be justified as a wrong by the defendant suffered by the plaintiff.

(and as one response said: "girl scout cookies contain 0% girl scouts". They're not wrong.)

Comment

On the other hand, they could grind up moth, fly, and grasshopper wings and form them into a ball, bread them, and serve them with a tasty sauce, and describe them accurately as 100% boneless wings.

Comment

• Uncle Bob
        Uncle Bob commented
        Editing a comment
        You've been attending the WEF in Davos haven't you?

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        So you watched that same Andrew Zimmern show as me...

Anyone remember the Far Side cartoon by Gary Larson that showed an entrance to a "Boneless Chicken Ranch," and there were limp birds lying flat on the ground strewn everywhere? :-)

Comment

• DaveD
        DaveD commented
        Editing a comment
        Came here to post exactly that!

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	4.74 MB ID:	1391607
      Again, Larson was ahead of his time. This cartoon came out in 1983, years and years before the wing craze, yet he called it a "Ranch". Coincidence???????

Comment

• Murdy
        Murdy commented
        Editing a comment
        Should been called a "Bleu Cheese."

Because we know you wanted an update.

A man suing Buffalo Wild Wings over their 'boneless wings' has also sued Tom's Mouthwash, KIND granola, and Hefty recycling bags.

source: https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-suing...122899.html​

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I bet he's suffered unduly at the hands of these companies' rampant ne'er do well-ing and needs justly compensated. Sigh...

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here