Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's for Dinner? Dan's Damned Good Chicken Legs w/help from@StevefromLaffette's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's for Dinner? Dan's Damned Good Chicken Legs w/help from@StevefromLaffette's

Just figured I would bore you with my Lowly Chicken Leg Adventure! Started by Dry Brining 3-4 Hrs W/Kosher Salt, then Marinating 4-5 Hrs Dan's Damned Good Chicken Leg and Thigh Recipe! Made up a batch of @StevefromLaffettes Raising Cane's Dipping Sauce! Gets Dan's Damned Good Seal of Approval Coveted World Wide! 1 Hr on the Weber W/Applewood Chunks, Legs Layed on Grill, Bone In Arround the Top of the Vortex(med) with +- 30 Lit Kingsford BB Briquetts! There was no turning of the Legs during the cook. According to my Thermopen all of the Legs were Well Done! While Eating it Became Evident How Moist the Legs Were! Eunice's Baked Beans, an Onion Roll, a Little Wine by Son Shawn, and a Shot of Brandy in a Cup of Hot Coffee! The End, My Friend! From Fargo ND, Dan
    Last edited by Danjohnston949; February 1, 2016, 10:44 AM.

Dang that looks good!

Comment

Nice hook up.

Eunice, La is only 42.2 miles from Lafayette, La.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe I should UPS her There! Dan

Nice .. now I'm thinking to do some legs They look real good!!

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      I Don',t Like To Brag, But.... Thanks, Dan

An Apology to SteveFromLafayette for misspelling his ID! All of my attempts to edit my Post Failed! Seriously Boys and Girls Check Out Steve's
    Raising Cane's Dipping Sauce, It's Damned Good and The Super Bowl is Coming!

Raising Cane's Dipping Sauce

1 Cup Real Mayonnaise
    1/2 Cup Ketchup
    1 TBS Worsteshire Sauce
    1 Tsp Garlic Powder
    1 Tsp Coarse Fresh Grnd Blk Pepper

Again my thanks to Steve for Posting This! Dan

Comment

that looks really good! i haven't had legs in forever

Comment

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        Try'm You'll Like'm! Thanks, Dan

Danjohnston949 You sure made me proud Dan! I love the sense of comraderie on this forum!

Comment

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        Steve, Again I Apologize for the Typo's! That truly is a Great Dip! From Fargo ND, Dan

They look damn good Dan

Comment

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks @DWCowelles, DW You and the Other Pitsters Keep the Bar So Damned High! I just have one Hell'va Time making it through the Prelims! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

nicely done Dan! looks excellent!

Comment

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks smokinfatties, I appreciate it! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

I give, where do I find Dan's Damned Good Chicken Marinade.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        FireMan, I am still learning how to Post a Hot Link? I think if you go to the Search Box and Type in:
        Dan's Damned Good Chicken Leg and Thigh Recipe you will get to it.
        Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        FireMan, I posted my Recipe 30 Dec 2015. Search Box is located in the upper right on the Amazing Rib Home Page! Search for: Dan's Damned Good World Famous Chicken Leg and Thigh Marinade Recipe.
        I departed from the recipe as Posted by, Dry Brining, Not Putting the Olive Oil In Until Just Before Grilling.
        Also the Legs were not finished in a Crock Pot, I would for a larger quantity! Dan

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Dan. Your far ahead of me, I'm still trying to figure out how to post pics.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here