Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Injecting chicken thighs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injecting chicken thighs?

I never messed around with injections but curious. I am prepping some leg quarters with a Mojo marinade, is it worth the trouble to inject them?

I've injected thighs in the past and liked the results, I've also done the breast and didn't really notice a flavor or moisture difference??? Try injecting one with some butter and chicken broth and leave the other alone. I would be interested in you're results.

Comment

I have never considered it. I think there is plenty of fat and flavor already in the chicken thighs. I think you would be better off marinating and basting as the cook progresses. Injecting makes too much of a mess, to be worth it.

Comment

• Allon
        Allon commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed.
        Not that I haven't injected chicken before but I would much rather wet brine or dry brine at the very least...

I have injected it with Chicken Broth
      Not sure if it was worth it, but I am still learning

Comment

Done it several times experimenting, Don't think it's worth it they are juicy enough, as they are. On the package you will see they may have already been.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here