Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Bowl Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Bowl Sunday

What are you cooking on Super Bowl Sunday?
    Wings
    28.13%
    Ribs (BB or SLC)
    18.75%
    Brisket
    15.63%
    Beef Ribs
    3.13%
    Pork Butt
    6.25%
    other
    28.13%

When is it? Probably nothing unless I cook the night before.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      That is like forever away.

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      you don't make plans ahead of time Jerod Broussard ...I make plans two, three weeks and sometimes a month ahead on what I will be cooking.

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      Not really. I'm buying 3 briskets in May to cook in June for a family reunion. I have to stay fresh since most people get with me last min.

Probably BB ribs and wings.

Comment

Haven't decided yet, I have pastrami corning right now for championship Sunday and if I can find some room on my 22.5" One Touch, I will do a rack of ribs as well.

I was thinking about switching it up with some pulled lamb shoulder with Kentucky black BBQ sauce for SB, this recipe does not get enough credit on here, it is spectacular. I'll also probably add some wings because wings are always amazing!

Comment

Poll should have combos, wings and ribs, butt and wings etc

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed. Ernest

• The Burn
          The Burn commented
          Editing a comment
          I was thinking the same thing. Pastrami and wings

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          Ernest and Spinaker you can vote on multiple selections if you wish

For Super Sunday I'm going to cook about 100 chicken wings. 2 dozen of Meathead's 1 eye jalapeño poppers. 3 racks of Last Meal ribs & 3 racks of Chinatown Char sui ribs.

Go Cardinals.😆 The power of positive thinking.😁
        Last edited by Breadhead; January 19, 2016, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Toast, bacon, and eggs. Super Bowl Sunday is Monday morning for me. Some of the bars open early in the morning to show the game, I went one time but I didn't make it home until Tuesday and now my wife won't let me go again.

Comment

• _John_
            _John_ commented
            Editing a comment
            I remember watching some football games in the wee hours on Okinawa, as I recall there were about 30k servicemen deployed there so plenty enough for the bars.
            Last edited by _John_; January 19, 2016, 10:39 PM.

• TheMeatGuyJapan
            TheMeatGuyJapan commented
            Editing a comment
            In nearly every corner of the world you can find an American Sports Bar, an English Pub, and a Turkish Kebab Shop.

• Lost in China
            Lost in China commented
            Editing a comment
            in every *developed* corner of the world.

Need multiple selections!

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok _John_ your wish is my command
            Last edited by DWCowles; January 20, 2016, 10:43 AM.

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Done!

Working that night. Microwaved brought-from-home delicacies for me.

Comment

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            Huskee ...

In view of the fact you're not a sports fan, as mentioned in another post, missing the biggest show on American TV is not a problem.👌

I do hope you find a way to enjoy a good meal though. Leftover pork butt or ribs in the microwave can be ok...😬

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Guest, thanks! I do enjoy watching the Superbowl though. Did, I should say. I work every Sunday night always....can't really justify taking a vacation night just for a Superbowl party, plus no one ever wants to cover my shift that night! I will typically go into an empty patient room or one of the waiting rooms, doctor's lounge, something, and fire up the TV and watch what I can though.

And you're right, microwaved ribs & butts are good. Two nights ago I had leftover ribs from the microwave. Two kinds, MMD and HRR. It was nice. And easy access to rubber gloves means easy cleanup.

Just wonder if I can talk Jon Solberg , the Ribs-on-Wheels driver, to come to Clare Superbowl night! Lol, j/k Jon of course.

• Jon Solberg
            Jon Solberg commented
            Editing a comment
            That all depends on how the fish are biting. That day is kinda like the start of the ice season for me. Maybe fry up some eyes in the parking lot for ya. lol

Huskee ,

Nothing! I used to make things for the Superbowl, but I have long since stopped. All that would happen is I would be running out to check some meat or other and miss half the second quarter. Nobody appreciated it, either. Now I just open up some good American snack foods (that I brought back from the recent Christmas vacation) and that's all. Corn nuts, wheat thins, ro-tel, that sort of thing. Last year I did a ranch dip vegetable plate, and that's as fancy as I've gotten. I had four people over last year for my annual party, not bad when you consider kickoff is at 7:30am on a Monday morning. This year, the date coincides with Chinese New Year so I'm sure that'll make it even more "interesting". I've had my Superbowl party every year as long as I've been in Asia, so it's something of a tradition for me. Even though turnout has been 4 people the last few years, that'll never stop me.

Interesting fact: a few years ago we tried to legitimately order the Superbowl broadcast from the official site. It didn't even work. We had to use a pirate broadcast, and it worked great. So the legit product sucked while the illegal one was clearly superior. Morever, if you buy the legit broadcast you get the network feed with no commercials - on the one day of the year when I actually want to watch the commercials!

Comment

Lost in China

Reminds me of my spirit animal Bill Burr, true football fans don't go to Superbowl parties.

Comment

Here is a contractual agreement my Son required I sign and return to him before coming over to watch his favorite team the Seahawks play the Panthers. He had a crowd of 30 people some with kids.

I will be changing the figures to the Cardinals & Carson Palmer for this weeks game.😆

Last edited by Breadhead; January 20, 2016, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Editing a comment
                I hope he is a lawyer.

• Breadhead
                Breadhead commented
                Editing a comment
                @Jerod ...

He sent it to me... All for the humor of it.

However... Serious football fans don't talk much during game time. Short statements between plays or conversations during commercials but not during a play.

To much talking during game time will get you sent back to the back room where the women and kids seem to gather.😡
                Last edited by Breadhead; January 20, 2016, 05:47 PM.

Last year we made some buffalo ribs. Had them ready for the start of the game. They were good, but tasted just like beef ribs.

JIm

Comment

• jgg85234
                jgg85234 commented
                Editing a comment
                Buffalo sauce comes from New York state. Buffalo (bison) used to roam the west.

Reminded me of the old Pace Picante commercials, complaining about Picante sauce made in "New Jersey". Ads have been retired (long ago) because Campbell's Soup bought Pace. Where's Campbell's based? New Jersey.

Jim

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                jgg85234 I thought the commercial was "New York City!?!?"

• jgg85234
                jgg85234 commented
                Editing a comment
                They did them both ways. The first ones were New Jersey. I think they tried New York City after Campbell's bought them. Didn't work so well so they dropped the campaigns.

I think we are in church for most of the game. I remember checking the Game Cast (while organizing the offering) year before last when Seattle was blowing out Denver and was like, "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??" Think it was the third quarter.

Watched the end of the game on Game Cast when the Saints won in 2010, in the church office.

Yeah, pretty sure I am at church.

Comment

• Breadhead
                Breadhead commented
                Editing a comment
                I would record the game and tell EVERYONE not to talk to me about the game at all... Until I get home to watch it. Keep the radio off in the car on the way home so you hear nothing about it.

• Jerod Broussard
                Editing a comment
                Record it on what? Breadhead

• Breadhead
                Breadhead commented
                Editing a comment
                Are you Amish? Don't you have a DVR?😆

If the Broncos are not playing, probably PBC duck. If they ARE playing, nothing ... just having duck leftovers from the day before.

Comment

• Breadhead
                Breadhead commented
                Editing a comment
                MBMorgan ...

I hope you're not eating leftover duck.

I would love to see Manning beat Brady in his last NFL win.😊

Then the following game the Stuper Bowl he will face Carson Palmer and Larry Fitzgerald... Hopefully.👌

• MBMorgan
                MBMorgan commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks like leftover duck for me! Thanks, Broncos!

• Breadhead
                Breadhead commented
                Editing a comment
                MBMorgan ...

Enjoy your leftover duck.😆

I now hope Peyton Manning's defense can stop Cam Newton's offense so he can ride off into the sunset as a 39 year old Super Bowl WINNER.😆

He deserves it!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here