Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make ahead turkey and transport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make ahead turkey and transport

Quick tip. Turkey was roasted a day in advance, let cool then separated into larger parts (not carved)

Placed on cornbread and sausage dressing and refrigerated.

Morning of feast, pour some stock in the pan with the turkey and place in 200 oven to warm up.
    Then carve and place on platter ready to transport.

Food saver have large bags that can hold humongous cuts of meat. I used that to vacuum seal the whole platter.

I smoked 2 turkey breast Tuesday, wrapped and refrigerated. Serving dinner at 5:30 today. When do I take out of the frig? Warm up at 200 in oven? How long?

Comment

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      Takes about 2 hours to get to serving temp. I prefer lower temp warming, you can crank it up but I Wouldn't go >275

Thank you.

Comment

Nice. I cooked three briskets yesterday. Two were reheated today for serving.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here