Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Spatchcocked Bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Spatchcocked Bird

I will be cooking a 13.5 pound spatchcocked bird on a Weber genesis silver. My drip pan just barely fits under my grate, so I will not have the recommended space between the bottom of my bird and the lip of my drip pan. I will be cooking at 325. Question--do I need to flip the bird during my cook? Meathead and team, keep up the great work! Thanks and happy thanksgiving!

I think not, AndrewP . Is there space under the turkey for smoke to pass under?

Comment

Not much space. Is that the key consideration? Thanks for your reply!

Comment

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, you want the bottom of the bird to NOT be in the drip pan, but it sounds like your's is above, so smoke should be able to kiss the bottom. The real worry, as I understand it, is that the bottom skin might not crisp. But I really don't eat much off the VERY bottom anyway.

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry this was a little late! Hope you let us know how it went; and hopefully with pics.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here