Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ain't She Purdy? 2015!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No pic but I smoked a spatchcocked a turkey for my family and recieved greatest praise for it! My Dad, who is 68, said he had NEVER tasted so good a turkey in his life. He doesn't like the dry turkey that usually ends up on the table at Thanksgiving. Injected the breast of a 14 lb turkey with one stick of butter, Simon & Garfunkle rub on the outside and under the skin on the breast. Had a hard time keeping my UDS up to 325 but got it done and was very pleased with the outcome. Tried 2 chickens the day before and found out I had a new favorite meat to smoke. THANKS AMAZING RIBS for all the info.

Comment

Welcome vffsmoker! Maybe you've been here a while, I dunno, but good to see you posting, and good to hear your turkey turned out great!

Comment

Welcome vffsmoker

Comment

Sorry I'm late to the party...I just wanted to mention that the "The Ultimate Smoked Turkey" post is what inspired me to finally join/support Pit Master Club. I smoked my first turkey in November and had to slightly modify the recipe to accommodate my "Smokin Tex 1400" electric smoker. Here is my before and after photos...and in the event anyone has a "Smokin Tex" or sumtn similar...here is a link to my edited/adapted version of Meatheads recipe http://1drv.ms/1O2xhB7 . Happy New Year everyone and thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BDC View Post
            Sorry I'm late to the party...I just wanted to mention that the "The Ultimate Smoked Turkey" post is what inspired me to finally join/support Pit Master Club. I smoked my first turkey in November and had to slightly modify the recipe to accommodate my "Smokin Tex 1400" electric smoker. Here is my before and after photos...and in the event anyone has a "Smokin Tex" or sumtn similar...here is a link to my edited/adapted version of Meatheads recipe http://1drv.ms/1O2xhB7 . Happy New Year everyone and thanks.
            Welcome to The Pit BDC ! Very nice looking bird! Thanks for joining up with us and sharing your technique.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post

Welcome to The Pit Guest ! Very nice looking bird! Thanks for joining up with us and sharing your technique.

Since this is your first post, please check out our http://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/forum/main/34780-new-members-please-read-here-s-your-homework-assignment"]homework assignment post for new members[/URL], it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!
              Will do! Thanks Muskee!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here