Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Butter and Honey Injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Butter and Honey Injection

I'm doing a couple turkeys with the usual S&G rub plus a butter injection. I'll also be dry brining starting tomorrow morning.

I'm considering doing two things differently than before. 1, I'm cosmdiering doing an injection of butter and honey mixture. 2, I'm considering rubbing honey and butter under the skin prior to putting the rub and olive oil mixture under the skin.

Has anyone done anything similar and if so how did it turn out? Bad idea?

Not sure about honey under the skin with High heat the sugar might burn. Just a thought, good luck.
    Last edited by Powersmoke_80; November 25, 2015, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Any update on how this turned out?

Comment

Originally posted by s502525tim View Post
        Any update on how this turned out?
        Welcome to The Pit s502525tim, glad to have you here...hopefully we get a response from Still Learnin on this....

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome aboard s502525tim!

Comment

I did do a honey and butter injection. It turned out really great.

I did not use honey under th skin, just olive oil and rub.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here