Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turketta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turketta

I was wondering if there is a full recipe for the Turketta? Also do you use the Drunkin' Cranberries for the stuffing? And one more thing. Is there a printable page for the recipes? Thanks!

charlesSFG I'll run this by Meathead to confirm, but it doesn't appear there's a full recipe yet, perhaps in his soon-to-come cookbook! As far as printing, not that I'm aware of. There is a mobile-friendly design to the site now if you use a mobile device, if that helps. Or you can copy & paste the text and print that way.

The IT folk are widdling away at the list of improvements according to priority, so these things will come one day.

Comment

Label me dumb but what the check is a Turketta?

Comment

Assuming it's a turkey + something, I had a great turkey experience today. While driving down a back country road I met up with about 12 turkeys crossing the road. They decided to stop right in front of me in the middle of the road and refused to move. Honked the horn, nothing. Inched forward, nothing. I finally got out of my truck and yelled "Do you guys realize you're going to be on a platter in a couple of weeks?", nothing. Finally after getting back into my truck and turning the radio up full blast they decided to move.

At the time it pissed me of a bit (I was in a hurry) but looking back it was pretty cool.

Comment

ribeyeguy

Click image for larger version

Name:	tuketta.PNG
Views:	118
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	120676

Comment

I'll post it!
            And to print recipes, just select print, all the ads drop away.

Comment

• charlesSFG
              charlesSFG commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Meathead! I'll look foward to it.

You shamed me into it! I just posted the recipe. Some of the pix may not appear for a few hours, but here it is:

This flavor rich and visually stunning smoked turketta recipe is a fun holiday twist on traditional Italian porchetta. Turkey breast makes it much easier and faster than boning out a whole pig or even just the belly and loin. A stuffing of port soaked cranberries elevates the turkey breast to epic heights.

Comment

• charlesSFG
              charlesSFG commented
              Editing a comment
              I didn't mean to shame you! LOL! Thanks again for the recipe. I probably will be making this the day after Thanksgiving and post some pics soon after. Going to my sisters for Thanksgiving. Hope you have a good one as well.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here