Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meathead's Disney turkey legs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meathead's Disney turkey legs

So I have done these before and followed the technique but I wasn't quite satisfied with the "haminess". I needed more haminess in my turkey legs.

Then I decided to leave them alone in the "cure" for days. I was shooting for 48 hours but life happened and ended up like 54 hours. Ran them through some cold water and KBQed them at 225.

There, under the meatballs

Wife took a bite and said this should be done on Thanksgiving. It was fantastic, well seasoned to the bone. not salty at all.
    I said I followed the technique because I changed the recipe. I replaced some of the sugar with equal part real maple syrup.
    I didn't have the chance to take the picture of the interior because, well, I was in caveman heaven.

I smoked it at 225 because I wasn't really after the skin.

I'm sticking with 48 hour cure.

Interesting. I need to check the formula and make sure it is not absorbing too much pink salt. Can I get you to compromise and cut back to 24 hours?

Comment

Sure, I'll test that as well

Comment

• jlazar
        jlazar commented
        Editing a comment
        Ernest. Will you share your recipe for meatballs?

Never mind. Found it on your KBQ post.
        Last edited by jlazar; November 2, 2015, 03:39 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here