Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turkey wings-stock or smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey wings-stock or smoke

Hi All, For Christmas dinner I'm going to stuff and sous vide then smoke the two turkey breasts, confit the legs and thighs and not sure if I should cook the wings or put them in the stock? I could just rub and smoke them. Any suggestions for the enormous turkey wing a ding dings? Thank you.

I'd smoke them and then put them in stock.
    There is a post on here from a member who uses this method and his stocks look incredible.
    His screen name escapes me at the moment, sorry.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup.

I’d smoke the wings and put the tips in the stock.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup.

• theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      +1

Confit them with the legs and thighs

Comment

• rdpchef
      rdpchef commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd love to but can't find them in the pot with the legs/thighs. I don't have enough duck fat to add anything else to the pot. Looks like stock they will be and nothing wrong with that. I'll brown in the oven before adding to the stock love. Makes a better gravy IMO.

Smoke and out in the stock

Comment

Smoke and use for collard greens! I do it every year.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here