Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buffalo Wings on SnS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I completely covered the cooking area with wings & drummies and decided I was too lazy to bother with them other than checking the temp and crisping them up over the sear. Easy-Peazy and they came out great! People chain-sawed through them.

Thanks for a great tool (SnS) and advice (this thread)

Below is the sauce recipe from CI (for tossing after they cook). Just enough burn to enjoy. You could add cayenne to the wings (along with your other goodies) if you want to spice them up even more for the cook.

Sauce

4 tablespoons unsalted butter
    ½ cup hot sauce, preferably Frank's Louisiana Hot Sauce
    2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce or other hot sauce, plus more to taste
    1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
    2 teaspoons cider vinegar

1. For the Sauce: Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Whisk in hot sauces, brown sugar, and vinegar until combined. Remove from heat and set aside.

Cook On!

-- Ed

Comment

Here's the recipe I've been using for my sauce.

Original recipe makes 8 servings

Ingredients

2/3 cup hot pepper sauce (such as Frank’s RedHot®) (I use 1/3 Louisiana Hot Sauce brand and 1/3 cup Skyline Hot Sauce brand.)
      1/2 cup cold unsalted butter

1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
      1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
      1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
      1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
      Salt to taste (I use salted butter so I don't need salt.)

Directions
      Combine the hot sauce, butter, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt in a pot and place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer while stirring with a whisk. As soon as the liquid begins to bubble on the sides of the pot, remove from heat, stir with the whisk, and set aside for use.

Comment

@ Dr ROK, I and my 3 S--t Bird Mutts are with Papa Bob we want an Invite Too! 👍👍😇👍👍. Dan

Comment

The wife wants me to do wings for her birthday tomorrow. Looking forward to trying them on the S 'N S, as I don't like dealing with all that grease in the house when I fry them. Those of you who've had great success: how was the skin?
          Last edited by jmott7; June 9, 2016, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• martybartram
            martybartram commented
            Editing a comment
            finish 'em up with a sear and the skin will be spot on!

The Vortex is awesome for wings. As is the SNS.

Comment

jmott7 Salt 'em or wet brine 'em 30-60min ahead of time.

Cook 'em hot, 350-375 all indirect and give them anywhere from 30min to 45 to 1 hour. If you're like me, 1 hour is the way to go, a little extra done so there's no slimy parts. Doing this they're plenty crispy. 30 min they may look done but they wont be crispy.

You can sear them if you want, just spin your grate with tongs slowly until they all get a little sear over the coals. I don't do that though, I like them with no sear.

Comment

• jmott7
              jmott7 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, Huskee. I seared them a little, but it probably wasn't necessary. Anyway, like Meathead said, they're not purist Buffalo wings, but they were tasty; the wife was happy; and I didn't have to deal with all that grease. So, this may be my go-to wing method from here on.

Dr ROK those wings look fantastic!

Comment

Inspiring me to possibly change this weekend's menu.

Comment

I'm a Vortex guy for wings. Sorry, Pit Boss! 😁

Comment

Wow, awesomeness all around on that meal.

Did y'all leave the deviled eggs outside and let a Sriracha bird fly over them?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here