Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Chicken Sandwich Wars - What's Your Favorite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POLL: Chicken Sandwich Wars - What's Your Favorite?

We're talking the classic chicken sandwiches only here. Let's say all the following places are near you, you're hungry and in the mood for a chicken sandwich, which are you picking?

Bonus- anyone have a recipe for a great homemade chicken breast (or other chicken) sandwich?
    Chick-Fil-A
    46.91%
    Popeyes
    28.40%
    KFC
    1.23%
    McDonald's
    2.47%
    Church's
    0%
    Bojangles
    0%
    Wendy's
    6.17%
    Burger King
    6.17%
    Other (comment)
    8.64%

My vote wouldn’t change but adding some Chick-Fil-A sauce on anything is damn good.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      My wife & kids and my father are there with you.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Meh LOL

I am honestly torn between Chick-Fil-A and Popeyes. They both, IMO, are incredible and whichever one I am eating I am in love with. Different enough from each other to stand on their own respective tier.

McDonald's is a solid attempt at Chick-Fil-A's but is decidedly inferior, yet still delicious IMO.

Comment

• synodog
      synodog commented
      Editing a comment
      They are different enough that I enjoy them both at the time equally if that’s possible.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree Chick and Popeyes both have their merits. But I voted for and am leaning with Popeyes....love that chicken !!!!

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones The spicy ones are great!

I will say the original Wendy’s spicy chicken when they first introduced it as a limited time only deal was spicy and very very good. Future versions definitely downgraded it but kept it better than average.

Popeye’s is a contender but…the chicken and bread seem lower quality. My chicken is always chewy and has those hard fat bits which are gross. The breading is good.

And, I have been very impressed with Burger King’s spicy chicken. Did they redo it recently? It seems like a real upgrade over the last few years.

KFC is utter trash. I refuse to eat there.

McDonalds is like everything else. It is tasty yet —unremarkably consistently edible.

Culvers is good too, but it feels like you are wasting a good opportunity to eat a top-notch burger when you order it.

Fried chicken recipe Huskee?
    Last edited by STEbbq; November 7, 2021, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      smokin fool . It’s been decades since I have been but I was floored they didn’t have honey mustard sauce. Who does that crap?

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      STEbbq the Col was probably a nice guy and all but there's gotta be a special place in hell for him for inventing KFC....nuff said.

• Andrrr
      Andrrr commented
      Editing a comment
      Totally agree on the Culver’s comment. Some of their dinner plates are good too but the double deluxe beckons meat

I've never been impressed with Chick Fil A - I want crispy crunchy batter and they're never quite that. We don't have Popeye's here which I've heard is the best of the chains. There's a couple of indie places here that I like but that's unfair to the chain places.

This is one of those places and is pretty good. Haven't tried the recipe Huskee but it sounds good. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...ndwich-5417386
    Last edited by rickgregory; November 7, 2021, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Popeyes has a melt-in-your-mouth crispy batter, so so good. And the one's I've visited have enormous juicy breast pieces. It's slap yo momma good!

I have only had Popeyes and Chick-fil-a in recent memory and of those two, Popeyes by a mile. I no longer go to KFC at all, and haven't had that sammy at any of the other places.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Everyone I've talked to says the KFC one is the worst of the bunch. My mom is the only one I've heard that likes it. I've never tried KFC's sammy.

All I know is I'd gladly die of starvation before I'd ever eat KFC ever again.
    That being said I rarely order Chicken sandwiches not my fav....
    EXCEPT for Stroud's BBQ in Brantford, On.
    They have a deli counter that serves a wicked home made breaded chicken cutlet.
    Crustyest crust ever, the chickens moist and three big portions on a soft bun with lettuce and mayo.
    I can pack it away and I've never finished one.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      I want in, Brother!

I just voted for the last one I had. I've eaten at Chick Filet once, bout 13 years ago. Popeyes I go for the chicken (86 the bread) or shrimp. Had Wendy's in Louisiana somewhere off of I-20 last month, Rayville maybe.

Comment

I can’t remember the last time I got a chicken sandwich, much less fast food. BUT over quarantine some friends of ours did a chicken sandwich challenge where the parents split up and went to 8(ish) different places and got the standard chx sandwich and compared them. This is the part where you expect me to tell the results but frankly that was a long time and many cocktails ago so…. no idea. BUT, the post reminded me of that and that I want to try the same thing and I’ll post results when it happens.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Jus save th cocktails fer a wee bit later, an report back yer findins...
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; November 8, 2021, 11:35 AM. Reason: r

I voted for Chick-fil-A, but by far the best one I've had out is at a place called Super Chix. They have the most amazing sauces and fries too. Korean BBQ and Nashville Hot are my go-to at Super Chix.

Comment

I have always liked Chik-fil-A and still do, but the spicy chicken sandwich at McDonald's is a little better, imho. Never thought I would type those words on the internet.

Comment

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          I just use mayo on the CFA sandwich. No need for CFA sauce or any other kind of sauce unless I'm getting the nuggets.

• Murdy
          Murdy commented
          Editing a comment
          jfmorris Do they break down the ingredients in the mayo and bbq sauce? Could be a lot of sugar hiding in there.

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Murdy they do - its all in a big list inside parenthesis. The BBQ sauce certainly has sugar.

I chose Chick Fil A, but the spicy chicken sandwiches from both Wendy's and Bojangles are a close second. Dont do fast food often, but these are surely not bad.

Comment

The Wendy's, Popeyes, and MacDonald's in my town have gone to the crapper. I no longer eat at any of them. I'm a fan of the chicken mini's and chicken biscuit at Chick-fil-A, but the labor shortage has hit them hard.

Comment

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah - I noticed one of the local Chick-fil-A restaurant drive throughs here had a sign saying they closed at 7pm every day due to a labor shortage. It also said they were hiring.

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool, a Retirement Career fer Me !
            How hard could makin th entire menu at Chik Fil A be???

I’ve always been a huge fan of Popeye’s spicy chicken. Their sandwich does not disappoint! I loved it. Also, just the other day I went to Popeye’s for their chicken sandwich and the drive through was packed. I said screw this and went to…..KFC😱 Went to their drive through and ordered their spicy chicken sandwich. I gotta say, it wasn’t bad. I liked the spiciness of their sandwich, but Popeyes was clearly much better.

Comment

Not a huge fast food eater but from this list, I've only had the Popeye's, Chick-fil-a and Wendy's sandwiches and would rank them in that order. I think Popeyes is the best although I wish they didn't rely so heavily on the mayo sauce for the spiciness.

Can't imagine ever going to BK (I think they are the worst of the major chains and can't envision a scenario where I would go to one) or KFC (cause why go to a crappy version of Popeyes) but might try the McD's one day just to see what its about

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree, I haven’t been to BK in 30 years. Never cared for their food.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here