Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to Buy Plump Chicken Wings Online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to Buy Plump Chicken Wings Online?

I would say one of my most favorite things to smoke are chicken wings. However, it seems like the places I’ve recently been buying them locally in Denver, CO sell such small wings by the time I’m finished smoking them there’s no meat left and it’s all skin I’m eating.

Anyone know of a place online that sells decent sized wings? I want my wings nice and plump. If you live in Denver, where do you buy your wings from?

Any and all feedback is always appreciated.

One member has posted this https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ld-fork-update

Comment

I did some wings from Wild Fork last week. I got the whole wings including the tips. $2.48/lb. The same cut of wing was $3.49/lb at my local grocery store. I just clip off the tip with a kitchen shears. Easy peasy. I like the whole wing for grilling. Easy to flip them around.

They were very meaty. I cook my wings on my Weber 22"0kettle with a Vortex. Yum. I will buy them from WF again.

Comment

It's very hard to find large wings at the retail level. Most of the more desirable large ones go into the restaurant supply chain, leaving the smaller ones for supermarkets and such.

I found a meat processor who sells whole wings that after removing the tip, are a good 6 - 7 inches across. Sometimes they are a little smaller but they are always larger than the supermarket.

No middle man; they generally cost between $2.50 - 3.00 a lb.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Also, The half chickens my dad was getting from the grocery store in town were getting so big they couldn't use them for fundraisers anymore. They had to switch over to pork chops. Pilgrims has a plant 30 minutes away growing grocery store birds 9-10 weeks. The fast food chickens could fit inside our grocery store chickens.

• Bkhuna
          Bkhuna commented
          Editing a comment
          Jerod Broussard - The wings I buy from the processor are not packaged. I'd love to see what wings from one of the Tyson 9-10 pound chickens look like.

• Jerod Broussard
          Editing a comment
          Haha, me too. THE WORST experience I had with breast fillets were bagged (bulk) and were absolutely disgusting, and HUGE. I cook our plant's wings and some get Pterodactyl like, with some birds pushing 53 days.

From a plump chicken farm? I just had to, sorry. 🙃

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          OR plumpchinkenwings.com

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah Hawk fergot the online thing.

I buy party wings at Costco. Works well for us. They come in those vacuum sealed six packs and they’re separated already so I don’t have to do that. Don’t remember what I paid but I gave up buying them at our grocery store because they were expensive and I found the quality lacking.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Editing a comment
          Bruises, open fractures???

• radiodome21
          radiodome21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Small and not a lot of meat. Plus I had crummy shears which made me not want to cut them any way. The BBQ restaurant I worked at had the best wings in terms of quality so I’m always comparing anything to those which is is probably counterproductive since we got them from a meat wholesaler.

• Jerod Broussard
          Editing a comment
          Our plant packs party wings but don't really have a scale for them. They are cut off the split breast sections.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here