Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huli-Huli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huli-Huli

Linda just cam home with Pineapple juice, fresh ginger, Asian sesame oil and 8 very large chicken leg/thigh quarters. So while I am cooking poppers and cobbler tomorrow I will make some Huli-Huli sauce and marinate the quarters for a Monday afternoon Huli cook. I am going to order an SNS soon, wish I had it for Mondays Huli . Have to read up on how to two zone my kettle with out it for now

gardenfish, l won't swear that I do it Right, but I take about 3/4 chimney of charcoal light it and dump the coals on one side. Try to rake the coals into a single layer on less than 1/2 your grill. Add a water pan to the opposite side along side the coals where it can serve as a drip pan as well. Cover and adjust the vents until your at the temp you want. Cook up a Storm your neighbors will be lined up arround the block! Enjoy, Dan

Comment

Then that is what I will do . Huli sauce is in an ice bath cooling down after simmer. I am going to add quarters in about 10 mins. and cook today when Linda gets home from work. They will get a 6 hr. marinade and Im ready to eat now

Comment

Huli-Huli went well. Probably cooked two more quarters than what would of been ideal. But in the end it was all good. We had Huli-Huli chicken, Jalapeno Poppers, baked potato's and corn from the cob. Linda is extremely happy so I am good to go for another week . The cobbler looks awesome so in an hour or so we will have cobbler and ice cream. So three different things cooked today for first time and all a success. Got to love this place with all the advice and support .

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150920-_DSC2861.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	555.6 KB
ID:	110830

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150920-_DSC2863.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	552.5 KB
ID:	110831

Comment

Very Nice

Comment

• gardenfish
            gardenfish commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks

I concur. Wtg man. Wtg

Comment

• gardenfish
            gardenfish commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks

I simmered the sauce quite a while and when I was done simmered it some more and added a little arrowroot and thickened it up nicely. Going to heat up a couple pieces for dinner tonight and use the glaze for the finish. The wife loves it.

Might as well have another popper with it too

Comment

I need to finally try this recipe.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here