Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reheating PBC chicken.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reheating PBC chicken.

This may have been talked about before. But I’m to damn lazy to search for it. 😁

Any really good ways to reheat chicken quarters that were cooked on a PBC?

I hate to use the microwave. 😬

But is the best way?? Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	1085738

The old fashioned way? Wrap in foil, no added liquid, heat in oven at a medium temp to 140. ???? Just a guess. But I would try it that way. But I will defer to my more learned colleges here.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey it can’t hurt to try. Right.
      Thanks for the suggestion.

I vote to throw them in the deep fryer to reheat! Crispy skin, reheated in a few minutes, win win!

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s a great idea. Not sure how the wife would like it though.
      I shall keep this in mind the next go round. 👍

Micro-wave with a 1/2 cup of water. I know ya don’t wanna do it. But all you are doing is reheatin it, not cookin em. Mebbee a minute to 1 1/2 in 30 second bursts. Just sayin.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Did the reheat in the microwave. 😬

No water and went 2-1/2 minutes on high.
      Actually worked out pretty well. Skin obviously not crispy but the meat was still juicy, tender and flavorful.
      Still hate the idea of nuking my chicken leftovers as they always dry out. But not this time. So. What the heck. 🤷🏼

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      The main situation with using a micro-wave is using the High setting.
      Far better results from 40% power and cook until warmed up.

Sous vide

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought about that. But didn't have the time the other night.

I would actually prefer to eat it cold. There is just no way of reheating I have found that makes it anywhere near as good as fresh. Plus, I have just always liked cold chicken out of the fridge since I was a kid.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing wrong with that. I do the same sometimes if it's just me.

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, Steve B , I only do that for a snack or if it's just me.

The only way I found to reheat skin-on chicken is to re-grill/smoke it. Or convection oven it. You're just cooking it again really, but you only need to take it up to 140+. Yep, breasts will be a bit drier than first time. It's either drier meat or soft skin, your choice.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Which is the lesser of two evils?

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Steve B Right.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here