Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Step one of perfectly cook chicken skin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Step one of perfectly cook chicken skin.

Step one: Define perfectly cook chicken skin!
    The best-cooked chicken skin is the cooked skin you like.
    I have met people who love boiled chicken wings.
    SWMBO really likes KFC extra Crispy.
    Southern Fried with 11 herbs and spices.

What is perfectly cook skin? and is there really an answer?

Last edited by bbqLuv; July 17, 2021, 07:40 AM.

Like a lot of "terms" used in BBQ land I agree with you. "The best-cooked chicken skin is the cooked skin you like." Or wibs, or brisket, or.................. or Low n Slow is only done at 225*.

Comment

Can you eat it? Good enough. So pretty much any cooking method other than 100% low and slow where it turns to rubber But I prefer nearer to deep fried crispiness

Comment

• halibur
        halibur commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed. Deep fried crispiness, with lots of seasoning. I like mine on the hot side.

I heard chicken boiled in PBR is pretty tasty 😋

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Troutman thank you, may have to give that a try.

I know I don't like a big rubbery wad of skin coming off the piece when I bite it, or sling-shotting juice to the person across the table from me. I don't need it to be perfectly bite-through, but I can't do rubber.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed on the "rubber" texture. Especially if you have over brined (made that mistake before). I like roasty and crispy!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here