Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken: simple, easy, juicy, taste great with two stage BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken: simple, easy, juicy, taste great with two stage BBQ

Whole chicken.
    Season with Salt and Pepper
    Stage one, smoked at 225*F, super smoke mode on, to internal 145*F
    Stage two, continue at 325*F to internal 165*F

Simple, easy, and good.
    How is that for a P.B.R.?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210630_175016140_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.40 MB ID:	1053230
    Last edited by bbqLuv; July 1, 2021, 08:12 AM.

Oh chicken! I didn’t even notice that there!

Comment

Very nice. Skin looks nice and crisp.

Comment

Looks Great! What was the total cook time?

Comment

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          close to 2 hrs.

Meat probe in thickest part of breast?

Comment

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I was trying to keep the posting brief.

I just did a whole chicken the other day. How did the skin turn out? Mine wasn't bad......though wasn't great either. Too chewy. I was thinking about finishing the skin on the gasser but the weather didn't agree. I'm still experimenting with getting chicken skin right on my smoker.

Comment

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          The skin was quite good. The object of this method is to render the fat in stage 1, then crisp the skin in stage 2. It works.

I know you wanted to keep the post brief but this is a great looking chicken. I would also be curious about the prep, did you dry and salt and pepper for any duration before cooking? Also curious about the skin. It really looks great.

Comment

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          The skin is as good as it looks. Prep super easy. Cleaned the bird, trimmed excess fat and skin from both ends, seasoned 50/50 Kosher salt, and coarse ground pepper. Then put it on the grill.

That is one beautiful bird

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here