Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Fryer Fried Chicken Recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Fryer Fried Chicken Recipe?

So, the next cook is fried chicken using the air fryer (first time using it). Does anyone have any good recipes to recommend for fried chicken in the air fryer?

I am also going to make carne asada fries to go with the chicken, but I have a pretty good idea of what to do there.

Edit: Would this be doable? https://www.seriouseats.com/the-food...chicken-recipe
    Last edited by STEbbq; June 20, 2021, 12:44 PM.

I am going to cook everything tomorrow so I will report back.

Comment

You could "probably" get away with that serious eats recipe in an air fryer since its not a typical wet batter. It will not be the same as actually deep frying it but im sure it could be good. More often than not ive found an air fryer to be superior in cooking frozen fried foods but no where close to a substitute for actually deep frying raw stuff. People forget, deep frying at the proper temp in itself is not unhealthy. Its basically steaming. Properly deep fried food should not be greasy.

Comment

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        I am not expecting the same as deep fried but I am hoping for a good meal and avoiding the smells and cleanup with oil. Glad to know this recipe should work.

The recipe will likely work, but the secret to a crispy crust is to lightly coat the pieces with oil after applying the flour mix. Easiest way to do that is with an oil spray (I use olive oil in a pressurized can), but I have also lightly dabbed it on with a brush.

Click image for larger version

Name:	air-fry-chicken.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	1048114

Comment

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        I have read people saying that helps for the air fryer so I will do that. I am also going to refrigerate and reheat like Kenji suggests to see if that helps.

I am quite pleased with how they turned out. Very labor intensive though as I could only cook 3-4 pieces at a time so took about 2.5 hours to cook everything.
      Attached Files

Comment

Posted final result in the Show Us thread. Everything was outstanding. I have eaten a lot of fried chicken and this was one of the best which is pretty darn good for a first time with the air fryer.
        Attached Files

Comment

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          Panhead John may or may not have inspired the glorious plates.

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          A good crunch and lots of flavor. Very pleased!

And I sprayed them with oil!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here