Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pan roasted deboned chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pan roasted deboned chicken

A while back, someone posted (I forgot who) a link to Jacques Pépin deboning a chicken. Well, I tried to do that a couple months back and it did not work. It looked like a chicken massacre happens in my kitchen. Luckily for me, for my next deboned chicken, our local butcher did the deboning for me. Wife and I agreed it was my best chicken yet. Seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and poultry seasoning inside and out. Sat in the fridge, skin side up and uncovered for 48 hours. Then I got the cast iron screaming hot on the stove, seared it skin side down until crispy, then put it in a 425 degree oven skin side up until a thermometer in the breast read 155. Let it rest on the counter until the temp got back down to 145 and then sliced the whole thing. Didn't have to bother with the bone because, well, there wasn't any. Used the bones to make chicken stock. Will definitely try the same thing on my WSM next time. I can get it to 450-475, so I'm excited to get crispy skin with some smoke on it. My pictures are never good, but I know the cook never happened without them. As always, thanks to The Pit for all the help!

First two pics are of the raw bird. 3rd pic in the pan. 4th pic is seared before finishing in the oven. No picks of the finished product 'cause I forgot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	raw skin.jpeg
Views:	226
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	1036546Click image for larger version

Name:	raw flesh.jpeg
Views:	160
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	1036547Click image for larger version

Name:	cook skin down.jpeg
Views:	162
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	1036548Click image for larger version

Name:	seared.jpeg
Views:	158
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	1036549

I think I got the idea,,,,it was really good !!!!

Comment

• Smoking77
      Smoking77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Meh

Very cool indeed

Comment

• Smoking77
      Smoking77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, sir!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here