Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beer can chicken - the truth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beer can chicken - the truth.

FWIW. ThemoWorks has done an in depth study on the beer can chicken on its ThermoBlog. Interesting.

Beer-Can Chicken: A Thermal Exploration | ThermoWorks

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks,

Pretty much what I thought.

Spatchcock it instead.

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, faster & crispier.

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Or use a rotisserie - there's just somethin' about spinning that clucker....

• Willy
      Willy commented
      Editing a comment
      Amen, RonB

Same as Meathead's conclusion

Comment

My brother still swears by it and still has the rest of my family bamboozled by it. When I do a spatchcocked chicken for them they always say "That's as good as Jim's" like it's some miracle or something. "How did you keep it so moist without the steam from the beer?", they say. "Um, I don't overcook it.", I say back. I don't know how many times we've played this same script. It must be dozens. Oh well. I have more beer to drink so I win, right?

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        It is a mirkle! Didja ask em if’n they kin taste the beer?

• bardsleyque
        bardsleyque commented
        Editing a comment
        yes you win!

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Next time ask them how your bil can get beer, that hasn't reached or never would reach the boiling point, could possibly "steam" the chicken? Hmmm?

Why are there so many "Spoil Sports"? Beer can chicken is fun to cook. And cook for friends and family. That is the only reason I cook Beer Can Chicken.
      I really don't like wasting PBR, so I spatchcock is my go-to. Besides, Spatchcock is fun to say, and when serving, "Here is your Spatchcock".

You searched for beer can chicken - Meathead's AmazingRibs.com
      Last edited by bbqLuv; April 24, 2021, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• TheQuietOne
        TheQuietOne commented
        Editing a comment
        Spatchcock is a fun word to say, isn't it? Right up there with cattywompus and didgeridoo.

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Good on you mate.
        Happy grill to you too.

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        If you season spatchcock chicken with Suklebuster rub and soak the whole thing is beer then it might be pretty tasty AND you have your desire for alliteration covered !!!

As I've gone through life I've learned to like several different things. One of them is beer can chicken! It rates right up there with red headed girls with freckles, lazy old dogs, and the best man from my first wedding. He calls at 2 in the morning because bail bondsmen are for people that don't have friends. It's ok to like things others don't!

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey watch the comment about red-headed girls with freckles. That's my mom

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here