Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A True French Omelette Video by me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A True French Omelette Video by me

Reds Fan 5 Skip Henrik
    This was fun and hard to make. I hope you all enjoy.

Last edited by troymeister; November 7, 2020, 04:23 PM.

👍👏😋

Comment

I got half way through the video then had to go coach some weight lifting. Paused you AND a football game. Looking forward to the conclusion of both in about an hour.

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh - I definitely won't YouTube my efforts. HA! Most of the photos of my cooks don't make it into The Pit because my wife says that while my food looks and tastes good, my photography needs a lot of work. I have a family of artists....and then there is me.

• troymeister
        troymeister commented
        Editing a comment
        Your selling yourself short. I’ve seen your cooks. You’re an Awesome cook and Artist in your own way.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 Yer cooks is fine, onliest thing to takin pics is framin, an focusin...

French? Are you sure? No frog legs or snails? Did you use Roquefort Cheese from southern France?
      Anyway, nice video, good looking dish.
      You Done Good.

Comment

• troymeister
        troymeister commented
        Editing a comment
        French in the sense of technique. I suppose you could add frog legs if you want lol.

I just tried this, seems fail proof.

Comment

• troymeister
        troymeister commented
        Editing a comment
        Pics? I would love to see.

I’d eat that!

Comment

• troymeister
        troymeister commented
        Editing a comment
        HouseHomey I’d love to make it for you. Could you imagine this dish with Shaved Black Truffles?

Just watched this after finishing the last episode of Long Strange Trip on Amazon. Just listening to the Dead as you made the omelette was soooo gratifying!

Comment

• troymeister
        troymeister commented
        Editing a comment
        You did hear my background music?

• GolfGeezer
        GolfGeezer commented
        Editing a comment
        troymeister Yes I did! I really had just finished watching the Dead series on Amazon and then watched your video. Maybe have to add some of those fun mushrooms to the recipe now.

Cool! Thanks for making the video, very well explained. I’m gonna do this for breakfast now (it’s 05:55 on a Sunday morning here. No, I’m not good at sleeping in ).

Comment

• troymeister
        troymeister commented
        Editing a comment
        Henrik Let me know how it works out. It does take a little practice. I am sure a cook of your caliber can Master this very quickly...(less than a dozen eggs). I would love to see pics too!

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Troy! First attempt - not so good. I’m taught to cook it at low temps, it usually takes 10 minutes. But flipping it then is easy. Hmm, this makes me want to deep dive into omelette making. I really dig the fold you do.

That’s just about the same way I do it. In my kitchen, though, I start more to medium, and then when I fold it over, the residual heat from the cooked part of the egg finishes the runny part.

Like I said elsewhere, I get about one in five perfect. Creative folding fixes many flaws.

Comment

• troymeister
        troymeister commented
        Editing a comment
        True Dat! There are 1000 ways to do it right. But million ways to do it wrong....Lol

Thanks for your time making this video mate, love the way you cook!!
      Agree that the best eggs are only just cooked, however you do them

Comment

Great Video Troy! Thanks for posting. Great looking omelet too.

Comment

Oh: and nice choice of music while you’re shaking that pan.

Comment

Great video Troy! Make more of these for us.

Comment

• troymeister
              troymeister commented
              Editing a comment
              You have to make it now. I’ve already made a few.

• troymeister
              troymeister commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh more videos. I thought more omelettes lol.

• hoovarmin
              hoovarmin commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL, yes, more vids

The use of the broiler is brilliant. I can flip eggs usually but never seem to succeed with omelets.

Comment

A Jerry Garcia omelet!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here