Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meathead's Biscuits and Gwavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meathead's Biscuits and Gwavy

Man oh man, if you haven't tried MH's B&G recipe you should really give it a go. I used my (his) breakfast sausage and it was over the top. Our friends raved about the biscuits and, try as I might, I couldn't wipe the grin off of my face . So Simple and easy to prepare too, in fact I did it with my right arm in a sling from rotator surgery. Plus, a really cool hack to fold the butter into the batter. No pics, but close your eyes and imagine a plate full of biscuits smothered in gwavy, sooooo good. Here's the link: https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...-sawmill-gravy
    Last edited by CaptainMike; October 21, 2019, 06:44 AM.

thanks for inspiration, its my to do list for Saturday breakfast !!!!

Comment

I have yet to make this one. I can only imagine.

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        It really is good. I'm sure we've all had some great (and not so great) B&G in our lifetimes (I really like texastweeter 's Dirty Gravy), but MH's can stand up to any of them. The great ones, that is.
        Last edited by CaptainMike; October 20, 2019, 07:36 PM.

but... pics or it didn't happen? I would loved to have seen 'em!

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, even though it's an easy recipe, my poor old arm was aching pretty good so all I wanted to do was sit down and enjoy. Next time, I pinky swear.

• JGo37
        JGo37 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope you do better real soon CaptainMike Don't tweak the healing doing food selfies!

You had me at gwavy! 🕶

Hope yer rotor gets better rill quick like.
      Last edited by FireMan; October 20, 2019, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahaha, that was my nod to you, and my gwavy loving cat, my friend! And thanks for the well wishes, it's going really well.

Haven't tried this one yet, but I have done biscuits and gravy every which way. Breakfast sausage, Italian sausage, chorizo even plain ground pork that I've doctored up. Definitely best with a couple eggs sunny side.

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh yeah, eggs and my bacon were definitely included!

Definitely not a southern guy, but I sure enjoy sausage gravy.

Comment

I love biscuits and gravy! Been making my own sausage gravy for a while, but have been using the Pillsbury ready to bake biscuits. Definitely going to try Meatheads biscuit recipe!

Comment

• JCGrill
          JCGrill commented
          Editing a comment
          I've done this too. Or baking mix. Cheating, but easier.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here