Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite Breakfast BBQ item?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loco moco!!! It's the breakfast of champions.....that are hurting in the morning.

Comment

My wife has been good lately about cooking up omelettes with leftover brisket or pork. Good stuff! That said, I love to just fry up a couple of pounds of bacon on the grill.

Right now SWMBO has us on a diet that lets us eat for 8 hours, fast for 16, so breakfast is off the menu, but I am eating a decent lunch and dinner.

Comment

• Beefchop
        Beefchop commented
        Editing a comment
        I saw a podcast with Joe Rogan where his guest talked about the importance of keeping your meals within an 8 to 10 hour window. Apparently it's good for building muscle. Has the new diet worked for you?

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Beefchop I just started this diet 2 weeks ago, and have come down 3-4 pounds without really changing how much I am eating, other than when. It was inspired by my 26 year old nephew who came to visit, and has dropped 30 pounds or so since I saw him at Christmas, with his meals all falling from 11am to 7pm as his only change. I am doing 12 to 8 and its not bad.

I love the smell of wood smoke and single malt in the morning...
      Last edited by Beefchop; August 27, 2019, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Anything leftover wrapped in a flour tortilla our mixed into an omelette. With cheese. And bacon.

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ll heat the whatever in a skillet, then crack a couple of eggs right on top & stir/scramble then into a tortilla if I don’t have any bacon. 🕶

Pulled pork or brisket tacos with eggs and cheese. One of my favorites!

Comment

brisket tacos

Comment

Scrambled eggs with smoked cheese cooked in.

Comment

Leftover cold pulled pork right out of the Tupperware container can't be beat.
              Last edited by ribeyeguy; August 28, 2019, 05:13 PM.

Comment

My favorite, aside from pulled pork and brisket omelets, is taking a breakfast sausage roll (Bob Evans, Jimmy Dean style) and coating it in brown sugar all over, and smoke it indirectly at about 275 to 300. Takes 60-90 mins to hit 160. Slice that baby up and you'll never fry sausage again!

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Never?

• klflowers
                  klflowers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That has become one of my favorites too. Hit it with a little bq sauce with about 20 minutes to go. Last time I ate half the roll before I realized it.

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  FireMan Ok that may be too harsh a word to use with fried sausage...

Pulled chuckie in a flour tortilla with an over easy egg (white cheese optional) and Cholula.

Comment

Agree with breakfast burritos. Leftover pulled pork or chuckie with some diced onion and pepper, crack the eggs on top and scramble all together. Season with salt, fresh ground black pepper, chipotle powder. Wrap in a fresh tortilla with some shredded extra sharp cheddar and Mrs. Renfro's Salsa Verde. Now I'm truly hungry.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here