Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Breakfast Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JPGators17
    commented on 's reply
    That looks tremendous!

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    Huskee it took longer cause i misread your instructions and did it at 225. Too a couple hours. It was excellent though.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Looks wonderful. Did it take 90 min?

• klflowers
    replied
    Huskee here it be
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190406_212238.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	661053Click image for larger version

Name:	20190406_212552.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	661052As good as you said

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Ohmigosh, I want to come to your church breakfast!

K.

• JGo37
    commented on 's reply
    Johnny Big Time and that's why we have this forum!

• gcdmd
    commented on 's reply
    Agreed. In honor of St. Patrick's day I made corned beef hash with scrambled eggs and biscuits for church breakfast last month. It was a big hit. Corned beef is probably one of the most overlooked meat around, at least in our neck of the woods, i.e., the coastal plain.

• gcdmd
    commented on 's reply
    I made that once. It was good.

• gcdmd
    commented on 's reply
    A friend of mine makes French Toast with Captain Crunch. He crushes up the cereal slightly. He then dips the bread in an egg-milk mixture, then coats it with the CC and then fries it in butter.

• gcdmd
    commented on 's reply
    Sounds good.

• gcdmd
    replied
    I'm making breakfast for Church this coming Sunday and will be serving grillades (or carne guisada) and garlic cheese grits. The grillades will be made from smoked brisket and Melissa Guerra's recipe for carne guisada. You could also use George Strait's recipe. The grits will be Paula Deen's recipe.

https://kitchenwrangler.com/2017/04/...carne-guisada/

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe...-guisada-12587

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...recipe-1916532

I plan to smoke a brisket point, seasoned with salt (dry-brining now) and Big Bad Beef Rub, for an hour or two in my Redi-Smoke electric smoker before cutting it up into cubes and proceeding with Melissa's recipe.

Flour tortillas, scrambled eggs, Bananas Foster bread pudding, and OJ or fruit will round it out.

South Texas meets New Orleans.
    Last edited by gcdmd; April 6, 2019, 05:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    CandySueQ, I would have to eat it while hiding in the closet.

• JeffJ
    replied
    That looks spectacular.

Leave a comment:

• JeffJ
    commented on 's reply
    That is a really clever idea. Thanks for sharing.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    CandySueQ Good question, never tried it. I smoke while cooking, so the br sugar picks some up anyway. I suspect it would be fine, maybe not even noticeable depending which device you used to cook it. I do mine on the Smokey Joe with charcoal and a wood chunk.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here