Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Breakfast Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely could go for some tri-tip, brisket, steak or pork and eggs. Can also smoke some veggies (onions and peppers) and throw into the mix as well. Damn I'm starving now!

Comment

Cajun breakfast hash:

Leftover pulled pork plus a little andouille and a little chorizo.
      The holy trinity - bell pepper, onion, celery.
      Cracked black pepper and a bit of cayenne to taste
      Cubed russet potatoes

The sausages, pulled pork and cayenne provide the pop in flavor.

Comment

• Johnny Big Time
        Johnny Big Time commented
        Editing a comment
        Now that there sounds delish!!

Well this post was a terrible idea. Now I want to be a one man potluck and bring all of these recipes.

Comment

Hash, or Scramble, or Omelet.

The insane idea would be to serve eggs, and then run chopped BBQ under the broiler or pan fry to crisp up, as you might do with bacon, and serve as a side to the eggs. Pulled pork, sauced a bit, and then run under the broiler is amazing.

Char siu smoked pork belly would make a nice bacon alternative, that I've had at a couple local breakfast joints.

Comment

Leftovers in quiche or a frittata!

Comment

• MBMorgan
            MBMorgan commented
            Editing a comment
            Frittata is a great suggestion.

Nasi goreng (Indonesian fried rice) = a big breakfast favorite, served with fresh fruit

Comment

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            You and EdF, true renaissance men.

• MBMorgan
            MBMorgan commented
            Editing a comment
            CaptainMike - If you mean that we are (or at least I am) old enough to remember the renaissance ... you just might be right ...

Here is a cool breakfast vid:

Comment

Leftovers ALWAYS go in breakfast at our house. Scrambles, omelettes, breakfast burritos...it all works. Smoked meat, eggs, and potatoes are a match made in heaven.

Comment

Beer can breakfast burgers?
              A variation on beer-can burgers perfect for breakfast: use pork sausage instead of ground beef, fill with an egg and serve on English muffin.

Comment

Hey for all you east coast guys, how about a little smoked scrapple with that breakfast !!!
                Last edited by Troutman; April 4, 2019, 09:13 PM.

Comment

• Troutman
                  Troutman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh danged spell check thought I was playing a game !!!! Thanks for pointing it out.

• Johnny Big Time
                  Editing a comment
                  Spell check getcha every time

• klflowers
                  klflowers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My boss is in PA right now. I suggested she try some scrapple. She threatened to fire me.

I’ve really been working on my smoked Texas beef sausage game recently. Other than leftover brisket, it is one of my favorite things to pair with eggs. Regardless of the smoked meat I choose, I make sure it has lots of smoke so when I warm it up at the office for lunch, the whole office smells like smoke and drives my co-workers crazy. 😈

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I do this, as well...

An I hear bout it, every time!

A truckload of Captain Crunch?

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lightly smoked?

Mebbe ya could incorporate it into some Breakfast Chex Party Mix type o thing?

Spritz on some sodium, worsh yer sister, garlic, etc., I might could choke some down...

• gcdmd
                  gcdmd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A friend of mine makes French Toast with Captain Crunch. He crushes up the cereal slightly. He then dips the bread in an egg-milk mixture, then coats it with the CC and then fries it in butter.

Some blasphemy ribs could make a good snack with what others bring.

Comment

How to BBQ Right Breakfast Casserole looks good to me

Comment

• gcdmd
                    gcdmd commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I made that once. It was good.

I smoked a bone-in packer pork loin this weekend, among other things, and this thread has made me think about experimenting tomorrow morning.

Potato Pancakes with Pulled Pork and sauteed Chopped Onions. Top with sour cream and green onion.

Comment

• JGo37
                    JGo37 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Johnny Big Time You don't put sour cream on your baked potato?

• Johnny Big Time
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh hell no. Sour cream is for dips. Other than that, it's vile nastiness. Baked potato - butter, salt, pepper...done.

• JGo37
                    JGo37 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Johnny Big Time and that's why we have this forum!

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here