Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Breakfast Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Breakfast Ideas?

We're having a breakfast potluck at work and I've decided to bring something with a BBQ twist, since my BBQ obsession is pretty well known in the workplace. I'm leaning towards BBE (Brisket, Bacon, Eggs), probably scrambled. I may turn it into a bunch of omelets if I have enough time.

Has anyone ever thrown brisket into their eggs before? What about pulled pork? That's another option. Anyway, I'm open to all suggestions, so hit me with your best BBQ breakfast wowzers!

Monte Cristo sandwiches?

Comment

Multiple different flavors of home-smoked bacon.

Comment

Smoker meat breakfast burritos.
        bbq beans
        Grilled fruits

Comment

• RickyBobby
          RickyBobby commented
          Editing a comment
          +1

• JGo37
          JGo37 commented
          Editing a comment
          I did a chuckie among other things over the weekend, and had the scrambled egg burritos with bell peppers and onions yesterday morning.

We use leftovers in omelets and burritos.

Comment

My wife does breakfast scrambles as well as omelettes with leftover pulled pork that are quite good! Another thought as mentioned by Mr. Bones are pulled pork breakfast burritos. Just make a big mess of scrambled eggs, fry up some pulled pork carnitas style, and dollop it out in warm tortillas with some cheese.

Comment

Scotch eggs.

A twist on the traditional breaded version, these eggs are soft boiled, wrapped in sausage and smoked to perfection. Try this recipe for smoked scotch eggs.

Comment

Breakfast street tacos

Comment

Breakfast sausage fattie

Comment

• Troutman
                  Troutman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Man I haven't made one in a while, thanks for the reminder !!!

Hash with any bbq meat...pulled pork, brisket, pastrami 😋

Comment

• Steve R.
                  Steve R. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I came here to say the same thing. Good call!

• Troutman
                  Troutman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Corned beef is my favorite. Make into patties and fry some up like smash burgers !!

• gcdmd
                  gcdmd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Agreed. In honor of St. Patrick's day I made corned beef hash with scrambled eggs and biscuits for church breakfast last month. It was a big hit. Corned beef is probably one of the most overlooked meat around, at least in our neck of the woods, i.e., the coastal plain.

Yeah, browns and brisket are a great combo. I make that from time to time at our hunting camp. It is always great after sitting in the cold blind all morning.

Comment

Maybe some pig shots using breakfast sausage and bacon filled with egg and cheese? Would probably have to cook the sausage and bacon shots for a while before adding the egg & cheese, though I would think cooking that bacon from the inside of the cup in addition to the outside that normally gets the heat should speed up the cook and help crisp it up.

Here's a neat little appetizer that I like to make called Pig Shots. I read about them over at the Brethren, but I am not sure who created them first. I take

Comment

• Spinaker
                    Spinaker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That is a good idea. I like it. Sausage on the bottom, wrapped in bacon and filled with cheesy eggs. Lil' hot sauce on the top........now that would be killer!

• jumbo7676
                    jumbo7676 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Half topped with a thin slice of jalapeno for those that like it, half without it for those that are wrong.

Biscuits and brisket gravy - sausage gravy with brisket instead of sausage. Dang, I am getting hungry.

Comment

• CandySueQ
                    CandySueQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This is sooo GOOD!!!

Wow, these are all good suggestions. Not only am I starving right now, but I think I am going to try one of these this weekend!

Comment

You can make an omelet with anything. Well ALMOST anything. Sardine omelet sounds absolutely horrible. But aside from things like that, omelets are whatever you want them to be.

Hash is similar. Anchovy hash sounds awful, but pulled pork hash would work! So would ribs, done pulled pork style. Mix that up with some potato hash and griddle it. Doesn’t hace to be only corned beef, although that is wonderful and I am by no means disparaging it.

And then thefe is tje kikg of breakfast - steak and eggs. Nothing says that steak can’t be brisket.

And dont diss the smoked salmon. There is that stuff too.

Lota of options to go with.

Comment

• Troutman
                      Troutman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh yea locks and bagels is the bomb !!!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here