Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Breakfast Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donw
    commented on 's reply
    Amen. A good hash made with smoked meats is a great addition to any breakfast plate.

• JeffJ
    replied
    Cajun breakfast hash:

Leftover pulled pork plus a little andouille and a little chorizo.
    The holy trinity - bell pepper, onion, celery.
    Cracked black pepper and a bit of cayenne to taste
    Cubed russet potatoes

The sausages, pulled pork and cayenne provide the pop in flavor.

Leave a comment:

• JeffJ
    commented on 's reply
    Yes. We do this often.

• Rod
    replied
    Definitely could go for some tri-tip, brisket, steak or pork and eggs. Can also smoke some veggies (onions and peppers) and throw into the mix as well. Damn I'm starving now!

Leave a comment:

• SmokeyGator
    replied
    You can make an omelet with anything. Well ALMOST anything. Sardine omelet sounds absolutely horrible. But aside from things like that, omelets are whatever you want them to be.

Hash is similar. Anchovy hash sounds awful, but pulled pork hash would work! So would ribs, done pulled pork style. Mix that up with some potato hash and griddle it. Doesn’t hace to be only corned beef, although that is wonderful and I am by no means disparaging it.

And then thefe is tje kikg of breakfast - steak and eggs. Nothing says that steak can’t be brisket.

And dont diss the smoked salmon. There is that stuff too.

Lota of options to go with.

Leave a comment:

• Rob Johnston
    replied
    Wow, these are all good suggestions. Not only am I starving right now, but I think I am going to try one of these this weekend!

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    That is a good idea. I like it. Sausage on the bottom, wrapped in bacon and filled with cheesy eggs. Lil' hot sauce on the top........now that would be killer!

• klflowers
    replied
    Biscuits and brisket gravy - sausage gravy with brisket instead of sausage. Dang, I am getting hungry.

Leave a comment:

• jumbo7676
    replied
    Maybe some pig shots using breakfast sausage and bacon filled with egg and cheese? Would probably have to cook the sausage and bacon shots for a while before adding the egg & cheese, though I would think cooking that bacon from the inside of the cup in addition to the outside that normally gets the heat should speed up the cook and help crisp it up.

Here's a neat little appetizer that I like to make called Pig Shots. I read about them over at the Brethren, but I am not sure who created them first. I take

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Yeah, browns and brisket are a great combo. I make that from time to time at our hunting camp. It is always great after sitting in the cold blind all morning.

Leave a comment:

• Red Man
    replied
    Hash with any bbq meat...pulled pork, brisket, pastrami 😋

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    replied
    Breakfast sausage fattie

Leave a comment:

• ColonialDawg
    replied
    Breakfast street tacos

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    replied
    Scotch eggs.

A twist on the traditional breaded version, these eggs are soft boiled, wrapped in sausage and smoked to perfection. Try this recipe for smoked scotch eggs.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    replied
    My wife does breakfast scrambles as well as omelettes with leftover pulled pork that are quite good! Another thought as mentioned by Mr. Bones are pulled pork breakfast burritos. Just make a big mess of scrambled eggs, fry up some pulled pork carnitas style, and dollop it out in warm tortillas with some cheese.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here