Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Breakfast Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CandySueQ
    commented on 's reply
    Huskee, do you think smoked brown sugar would be too much? I tried it in a burbon pork chop sauce recipe and it was down right nasty!

• CandySueQ
    commented on 's reply
    You can always pattie her share up and package for freezer when her pounds are down!

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    I think the wife is just going to have to be mad at me, or fall off the diet for a minute. Cause this is a done deal for tomorrow.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    CandySueQ Thank you! klflowers Not needed, but you could also add a rub too, I've used MMD and BBBR. I much prefer BBBR then the brown sugar but my family didn't like the spiciness. Sausage naturally has a lot of seasoning and it seemed the MMD was hidden.

• CandySueQ
    commented on 's reply
    Beautifully done!

• CandySueQ
    commented on 's reply
    This is sooo GOOD!!!

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    Oh man. Got to try that. I said maybe tomorrow, but my wife is on some kind of meatless diet right now. I may have to wait until she comes off it. Cause she loves some sausage, and this will ruin that diet.

• Huskee
    replied
    Here's pics to add to my above post klflowers

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG6387.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	660276Click image for larger version

Name:	Smoked sausage roll brown sugar.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	660278Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG6394.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	660280Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG6396.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	660281Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG6398.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	660277
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    Got to try this. Maybe tomorrow.

• Huskee
    replied
    One of my favorite things to do is take a sausage roll (Bob Evans, Jimmy Dean, etc) and unwrap it, leave it whole. Roll it in brown sugar, ends too, and pat it on so it sticks best you can. Grill/smoke indirectly at 275-325 until it hits 160 IT. Then slice & serve. I have ruined myself and many other folks from ever frying it again with this super simple & tasty method of doing common breakfast sausage. Allow a good 60-90 min though.

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    My boss is in PA right now. I suggested she try some scrapple. She threatened to fire me.

• Johnny Big Time
    commented on 's reply
    Oh hell no. Sour cream is for dips. Other than that, it's vile nastiness. Baked potato - butter, salt, pepper...done.

• IowaGirl
    replied
    Bagel lightly toasted or warmed. Spread each half with a generous layer of plain cream cheese. Lightly sprinkle cream cheese with a seasoned salt or rub of choice. Layer with thinly sliced grilled tri tip or meat of choice. Garnish with avocado or tomato (or both) if desired. Serve as open face sandwiches on the deck with good coffee and fresh fruit.

Leave a comment:

• JGo37
    commented on 's reply
    Johnny Big Time You don't put sour cream on your baked potato?

• Johnny Big Time
    commented on 's reply
    I was right with ya until I saw...sour cream.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here