Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sometimes it's the simple things like breakfast...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes it's the simple things like breakfast...

Home alone the wifes out working so I started poking around the kitchen and fridge. found everything for my favorite breakfast. Pepperidge Farm French Toast Swirl bread thick sliced and Johnsonville breakfast sausage patties. Normally this would have been made on the flat top but that resides in the garage during the winter months and I wan't that motivated to haul everything out in the garage just to use the flat top. So got the griddle pan out and a skillet for the sausage.

Broke a egg added some milk and a drop or two of vanilla extract. The bread already has the cinnamon in it. A slab of butter is laying between each slice of bread just can't see it. So here is the end result. Very easy and put a smile on my face. So I'm ready to start the day. Maybe a little ice fishing? Retirement is great!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1003.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	632115

Looks great! Wait a minute, I'll get my pole and can o worms.

Comment

I love breakfast and that one looks great. As far as the fishing, all I ever get is a wet string. I will throw mine in the bathtub where it is warmer and catch the same number of fish

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
        Frozen Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        Believe me I'm not much of a fisherman but I get a lot of enjoyment from trying. Being out in the middle of a frozen lake especially by yourself has a certain solitude about it.
        I'm not much of a threat to the fish population!

Well may be a little early to catch some Walleyes up there, but breakfast sure looks good !!!

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
        Frozen Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        Walleye bite gets pretty slow this time of year as most other fish do the same. Time of the year they make you work for 'em that's for sure.

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        My family had a cabin in Minong, Wisconsin (about 60 miles from Duluth) where we spent a lot of summers on the lake there. Walleyes and Northern Pike are some of the greatest game fish I've ever had the pleasure to catch !! Good stuff !!

Brefuss, it's the most important meal! And yes, retirement is great! My wife just returned to the fulltime workforce, and her sister asked "what's Mike going to do?". Collette answered "well, I guess what Mike always does, cook!" Everyone has to have a purpose in life.....

Comment

Haha! I'm guessing most if not everyone who has responded so far is retired? What else ya gonna do at 9am (central time that is) in the morning! I have always joked you can tell the retired guys on a forum they are usually posting by 6am and have stopped by 8pm!

Comment

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah Troutman I worked myself into 2 shoulder and a 2 knee surgeries plus 1 heart attack at the ripe old age of 47 (doing P90X ironically) and lost a few brothers along the way, so I'm cool with hanging up the bunker gear. Wouldn't trade it for anything though!

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          P90X is insane. My body would break in half if I tired that today. I ride a desk, sit in front of a computer all day. I need some PCarpalTunnelX !!!!

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          I spent the last couple of years of my career riding a desk. Hated it, but my risk exposure went WAY down and that's where I was needed. Oh well, sure Boss, if that's what you need......

That breakfast looks great. I am not retired yet but hopefully get there soon and have time to make something like that.

Comment

That looks great to me. On the rare occasion that I make french toast, I like to use Panera Bread's honey wheat bread sliced extra thick.

Comment

OH YEA...Pantera ....rock on dude .......

......oh so sorry you said PANERA, bread, oh my bad ....

Comment

862 days to go to retirement. But who is counting . . . . . . . ME!

Comment

• Oak Smoke
                Oak Smoke commented
                Editing a comment
                Consider me a time traveler from the future, you'll love retirement! It takes a little while to wind down, but the new and improved you will start to come out. You'll wonder how you ever had time to go to work.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here