Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Omelets are the best use for Q leftovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omelets are the best use for Q leftovers

If you judge your meat quantity and eaters correctly you will hopefully have leftovers after a cook. At least that is what I always hope for. One of my favorite uses for leftovers is in an omelet. Great way to experiment.

My latest creation was leftover chuckie chopped up real fine, sharp cheddar (in Wisconsin we are picky about our cheddar), fresh avocado, then topped with my homemade enchilada sauce. An explosion of flavors as the TV cooking shows say and to me just plain ol' yummy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020357.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	324.0 KB
ID:	627861

Good lookin too!

Comment

Great job.

Comment

That would be equally at home in an art gallery as well as the breakfast table.

Comment

Sounds delicious and looks fantastic. 👍👍👍

Comment

Mmm. I’ve done that on occasion myself. Great looking omelet, and now you’ve made me hungry!

Comment

Bravo, on leftover utilization, makin a great plate, an pics quality!

Fine Job, ya done, there!

Nice Corelle Ware, btw...

Now, please, tell us alla bout this here
              'homemade enchilada sauce'
              , if ya would, kindly...

Comment

• RustyHaines
                RustyHaines commented
                Editing a comment
                Sir, see my subsequent post with the recipe. Enjoy.

Beautiful!

Comment

Picky, picky, picky, great to be picky about cheese!

Comment

Wonderful----just Wonderful!!

Comment

Excellent use of left overs! I've done pulled pork omelet with salsa which is very good. So much stuff you can do with Q left overs. Left over brisket makes one fine stew!

Comment

Looks so good. Plated better than most restaurants.

Comment

For those interested (Dr. Bones) here is the recipe for the enchilada sauce:

Ingredients:

2 TBS all purpose flour
                        2 TBS oil (I use vegetable)
                        1/2 Tsp salt
                        1/2 Tsp garlic powder
                        1/4 Tsp cumin
                        1/4 tsp oregano
                        4 TBS chili powder (read about my OCD below)
                        2 cups chicken stock (or vegetable stock if there is a vegan or vegetarian concern) I usually make my own chicken stocks but for this recipe I find no taste difference between homemade and store bought.

Method:

Heat the oil to medium high, add the flour, cook 1 minute stirring constantly (you are making a roux so make sure it gets a bit toasty in color)
                        Add all the other dry ingredients together. Cook for 1 minute stirring constantly. Dig into the corner to make sure you get everything toasted up a bit.
                        Reduce the heat to simmer and immediately with a whisk start adding the chicken stock whisking constantly. Take about 30-45 seconds to add the stock. Do not stop whisking or it will lump up.
                        Keep whisking over simmer until the sauce thickens to your likeness. Mine usually takes 5-7 minutes.
                        Sauce will keep in the frig for a few days but I try to put 1/2 the batch in the freezer.

For me, and this is just my humble opinion, the key ingredient is the chili powder. I use only Hatch New Mexico red chili powder. Here is my source: http://www.madeinnewmexico.com/produ...-chile-powders
                        I buy by the pound and I buy a medium and hot and mix them. Hatch chilis are unbelievably flavorful and makes this sauce a showstopper. And I think you can put it on anything . . . . .well maybe not in your coffee.

P.S. I also use Hatch red chili instead of paprika in my Memphis Dust. Adds more flavor and spice than American paprika.
                        P.S.S. If you use the same recipe but use 4 cups of stock it makes a great base for "real red chili" as in the kind with just meat and onions . . . . . no beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, or God forbid carrots !

Enjoy.

Comment

• Randy-Phx
                          Randy-Phx commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I’m going to try this. We have a bunch of tamales in the freezer. Great recipe!

• ddmcwhirter
                          ddmcwhirter commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That is so similar (but add the meat to the sauce) to the winning chili at today's little cookoff at our local bar with twenty chili's showing. Smoked brisket won it. My loser chili was hours in prep before ever starting to cook, but no brisket (loser!)...and dangit!, I have lots of frozen smoked brisket...but even if not, the winner could have used HEB's frozen hickory smoked whole brisket. I'm just gonna have to try it!

• IowaGirl
                          IowaGirl commented
                          Editing a comment
                          mmm mmm good! Thanks for sharing your receipt!

I would agree. Eggs and leftover BBQ go hand in hand, any combination is good, especially if hollandaise is poured over the whole thing :-)

Comment

Beautifully conceived and wonderfully executed

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here