Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Jimmy Dean!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Jimmy Dean!

No, I don't really advocate you smokin' Jimmy, himself, but one of his sausage logs. My daughter smoked a whole Jimmy Dean sausage log (i.e., large roll) on her smoker and it made a good sausage great! (Or, use you favorite breakfast sausage.)

The maple version with Meathead's Memphis Dust is excellent!

Comment

I've seen similar recipes on the web. amp it up even a touch more by wrapping the sausage roll in bacon, too. you can just wrap it around the sausage or you can weave bacon strips to make it more pretty when it comes out. I think I read one post about it where the poster called it a "Smoke Bomb" Sounds about right!

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I've rolled one in brown sugar and smoked it gently until 165. My kids love it more than anything. Try it! You'll likely never fry sausage patties again.

Lots of recipes available for smoke fatties. The best part about them, in my experience, is how you can do multiples at once and then freeze them. Pull one out the night before, slice the next morning and put in the microwave for 30-60 seconds. Great smoke flavor and very little fat. Jimmy Dean Maple and Whataburger are my family's favorites.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here