Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homemade Apple Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homemade Apple Sauce

If you like Apple sauce you will love this. My wife developed this recipe and it is her own and it is excellent.

Ingredients:

3 Granny Smith apples
    4 Gala apples
    1/2 cp water
    1 Tbsp cinnamon

I use a pressure cooker so if you don't have one you will have to experiment a bit with the recipe to cook it down into sauce. I also have a gas range and it responds differently than an electric one

I had already started cutting up the apples and getting them ready to cook.

I quartered the apples first after washing them off to get the wax and other chemicals off of them.

After quartering them I removed the dark colored skin near the stem and the center of the apple. If you look at the pic you can see the core and it is best to cut it out. I leave the skin on because 90% of the food value is in the skin. After cleaning up the quarters I cut them in eights and then each eight into thirds.

Get all seven apples in the pot add the 1/2 cup of water and sprinkle the 1 tablespoon of cinnamon over the top.

Cover the pressure cooker and add the heat.

Bring the pressure up to the 2nd ring and hold for two minutes.

At the end of two minutes turn of the heat and let it coast for 10 minutes. It should be depressurized after 10 minutes so remove the lid. Remember I am cooking with gas. If you have an electric range you may need to remove from the burner completely to allow to cool. Remember it is still cooking even though it is cooling. That's kind of an oxymoron!!

Stir

Serve

My wife likes her "Old Fashion" Oatmeal with applesauce and milk on it. It is her favorite breakfast and it sticks with her usually till lunch.

That's a good looking recipe! My mom used to make apple sauce during the winter. My grandma used to send us a bushel of William Tell apples once a year. Cut up a few apples and put in a saucepan with just enough water to cover the bottom, then throw in some red hot candies and simmer till everything is red, mushy, and sears your tummy with homemade goodness.

Comment

Looks good Barry, I never had homemade apple sauce before

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here