Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Basic Eggs Benedict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fracmeister
    replied
    Here is how I do hollandaise from scratch and I think it is much better than the packaged stuff. You need an immersion blender but it is foolproof and fast

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied
    I h a v e t o m a k e t h i s ( repeat after Barry )

Awesome!

-- Ed ( Canton, GA = I 575 , I 75 , I 285 - you know what I mean! )

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
    Try this recipe with pulled pork!
    Ah, Another use for left over PB.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Thanks everybody for the kind Kudos.

HC getting you water with the vinegar to 180 *F is paramount to getting a great product that releases from the bottom of the pann easily. To hot, 210* and you will have problems. Another secret some use is spraying the pan with pam and then adding the water and heating.

Leave a comment:

• HC in SC
    replied
    Everything looks great to me except for the Hollandaise sauce. I know that is heresy on this thread, but I would have to hold the Hollandaise, and instead ladle over some hot buttered grits and then top with shreded cheddar cheese. Just my $0.02.

The poaching part as Marauderer does it is much harder than it looks. I can do over easy in my sleep w/o breaking the yolks, but they have broken when I've attempted poaching becoming boiled scrambled eggs - yuck!

Great job on your technique Mar!
    Last edited by HC in SC; November 24, 2014, 02:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Try this recipe with pulled pork!

Leave a comment:

• AldenMiller
    replied
    That's my wife's favorite breakfast. We use the same Knorr Hollandaise mix and canadian bacon from the butcher. She likes it so much that some years back we bought a special egg poaching pan that has little cups for the eggs to keep them a consistent shape. I think I need to make sure we have all the ingredients on hand to have some this weekend.

-Alden

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Originally posted by Henrik View Post
    Nice one, Barry! I second that "real butter" you mentioned. There's just no substitute.
    Absolutely, Kinda like Breakfast Broccoli aka Bacon, the other vegetable.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Using the two pkg's of mix I had enough left over to save some for another day and it is great with just toast points or English muffins alone. Darn I had breakfast already

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
    First time I ever wanted someone to invite me over for breakfast.
    Jerod if you are ever coming to the Atlanta area let me know and we will get together.

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    replied
    Nice one, Barry! I second that "real butter" you mentioned. There's just no substitute.

Leave a comment:

• cdd315
    replied
    Outstanding .. my wife and me love EB. Thanks for the recipe Barry I will try this!!

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    First time I ever wanted someone to invite me over for breakfast.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    GREAT posts Barry!

Leave a comment:

• (umamidadi)
    replied
    Beautiful Job, I loved poached eggs but this takes it to a whole 'nother level. Nice Pics BTW!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here