Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The best boiled eggs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best boiled eggs?

Thermoworks has posted an article on the best method for boiling eggs here:

The problem with hard boiled eggs is that they so often turn out with rubbery whites and dry, crumbly yolks. Learn how to get the eggsact results you're looking for.

I like it because it's simpler than multi stage methods, and I will give it a try next time I boil eggs.

Love their info and recipes have never had anything bad when using the recipes from them

Comment

Interesting article, RonB . My fav method is using my Instant Pot electric pressure cooker. 6 min on low pressure, 6 min rest in the cooker before opening, then 6 min submerged in an ice water bath. Shells come off often in two halves, they're so easy to remove. And no scary green color around the yolk. I do a dozen at a time.

Kathryn

Comment

• smokinfatties
        smokinfatties commented
        Editing a comment
        instant pot boiled eggs are the best!!! and so easy

• Obi-Dan
        Obi-Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        I second the Instant Pot as the greatest egg cooker ever. I do 4 minutes for a soft boiled egg and 6 minutes for hard boiled.

Be sure to smoke them after they are cooled off. Yum yum!

Comment

• geotek230
        geotek230 commented
        Editing a comment
        In shell or after pealing?

Great information...thanks

Comment

Interesting. I'll have to give that steaming thing a try next time.

What I do for eggs isn't listed and I do it for simplicity. Cold water in the pot, eggs in the pot, pot on the stove. When they boil, turn off the heat and let them sit for about 15 minutes. Run under cold water until cool enough to handle.

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          That's the way I was taught to do it too. I'm not sure I would do that every time, but if I was making deviled eggs, I'd do it that way to insure the eggs peeled nicely.

I've been steaming eggs for years. I should have written an article too.
        I steam for 10 minutes

Comment

My favorite method is from our 27 year old Betty Crocker Cookbook. Place the eggs in a large saucepan and fill with cold water to 1" above eggs. Bring to a rapid boil then remove from heat. Cover and let stand 23 minutes. Rinse in cold water. Seems very easy.

Comment

Two hours in the smoker at 200. You get some really nice smoke in the eggs.

Comment

• Mudkat
              Mudkat commented
              Editing a comment
              Hmm... sounds interesting.

• GregS
              GregS commented
              Editing a comment
              Really? Never thought of that.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here