Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schroeder's Surprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schroeder's Surprise

I learned this recipe when I was in Chiropractic school and my study buddy and I would be getting up early and studying for mid-terms or finals
    Schroeder’s Surprise

English muffin halves
    Thin sliced fresh Tomatos
    Thin sliced white onion
    Whipped cream cheese
    Canadian bacon (optional, can substitute bacon or other breakfast meat or leave off)
    Capers
    Cracked black pepper
    1. Lightly toast the English muffin halves
    1. spread a layer of cream cheese on halves
    1. capers (I like the small ones and rinse them before using) 8-12 or to your taste, also the cream cheese will help hold the capers so they don’t run off.
    1. piece of Canadian Bacon (if you are a carnivore)
    1. one thin layer of tomato
    1. one thin layer of onion
    1. Sprinkle with cracked black pepper
    1. Serve and enjoy. A nice chilled Liebfraumilch goes well with this if you like wine in the morning or a huge Bloody Mary or just old coffee and juice. Especially nice if you are out on the deck for breakfast.

Wow, that's one a-spicy meat-a-ball for breakfast. Onions, capers, bloody Mary... Worthy of a double brush afterward, lol

Comment

It really isn't that spicy. Of course I love onions and have them on lots except cereal. And tomatoes and onions is always a favorite with eggs sunny side up and a piece of steak. You can spice it up or tone it down to your taste. I have to evaluate each jar of capers i get and some need no rinsing and others need to soak in a water bath to tone them down to my taste.
      You brush your teeth?? Wow!! What a novel idea. Hehehe!!

Barry

Comment

You can see the umbrella on the left end of the deck at the "Reade Ranch". We really enjoy eating out there most of the time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3510-M.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	2784

Comment

WOW Barry... Really beautiful place you have.

Comment

Thanks Jon, we have a lot of sweat equity in it. I wish I had a picture before the Florida room was installed. It was the first modification, Then the pool was done, The deck expanded and then we put in a "No Drip Ceiling" under the deck so we have some extra dry storage.

Comment

Looks like a great place for family and food!

Comment

• Marauderer
                Marauderer commented
                Editing a comment
                It gets better every year. It is to the point we don't want to go anywhere on vacation unless it is to sight see or one of my races.

A local place has something just like this on their menu - its incredible. They use pickled onions though. Adds an interesting element, but I'm going to make this as is!

Comment

BB let me know how it is and pics if it doesn't interfere with the occasion.

Barry

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here