Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blueberry Pancakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blueberry Pancakes

I have made my own pancakes for decades and am really pleased with my current recipe. We mill our own wheat in our house and I have made these with red hard, white hard, and white soft wheats. They are all excellent and here we go.

Recipe:

1 cp slightly rounded wheat
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 1/3 tbsp backing powder
    2 eggs
    2 tbsp oil
    Buttermilk, approximately 1 cp, maybe more maybe less depends on how you like your batter consistency. I make mine slightly thin so I get a lighter cake and all around here like it.
    1 cp fresh or frozen blueberrys

Mill your wheat. It will give you about 1 1/3 to 1 1/2 cp of flour. I have a Whisper Mill and it has lasted going on 15 yrs.

And the flour.

Add all dry ingredients and whisk together. Add eggs, oil and 1/2 cp buttermilk and whisk together. Add more buttermilk and whisk till you get your consistency you desire.

Start heating your griddle when you start putting the recipe together. I heat mine to a medium to medium low temp so when you sprinkle a few drops of water on the griddle they sizzle but not violently.

I use bacon drippings to lightly cover the griddle. Now before you say anything "Bacon is a vegetable".

Laddle your batter on the griddle and add some blueberry's and cook about 2 min per side

Put a couple of pieces of smoked bacon on the side and that was supper last night.

My wife and both like breakfast for supper occasionally and this is one of our favorites.
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; September 28, 2014, 02:29 PM. Reason: Title Glitch, nothing serious folks. :)

I LOVE breakfast late at night. Problem is, I work first shift and have to get to bed early.

Thanks for the recipe.

Bacon, the other white vegetable.

Comment

Looks awesome, I recently got a Belgian waffle maker and toss all sorts of stuff in there, never occurred to me to make your own batter.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post

Bacon, the other white vegetable.
        Lol .

Comment

Barry this is an excellent contribution. I have to give you my award medal for being helpful and unique.
          My only letdown is I seriously thought you were going to griddle these on your Rec Tec! (next time)

Click image for larger version

Name:	award.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	21618

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
            Barry this is an excellent contribution. I have to give you my award medal for being helpful and unique.
            My only letdown is I seriously thought you were going to griddle these on your Rec Tec! (next time)
            I hadn't considered that one but, it is worth the try next time. You guys will be the first to know if it is a winner or a bust. I am not sure it will work as the cakes need that direct heat just on one side.

Comment

You should order some of this stuff for the pancakes.

I've been using the whiskey-barrel syrup, and just bought a bottle of this new stuff. Amazing.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here