Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh....my....eggs!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh....my....eggs!!!

oh..........................

<gasp>

oh.......................

4 eggs, 4 yolks, 4 tablespoons butter 1 tsp salt.
    ZAP smooth with immersion blender. pout into bag
    cook sous vide @ 164 30 minutes. zap with immersion again, if needed.

IMPORTANT:
    sit......down

cause if you don't you will FALL down. this is THE most amazing egg anything i have put in my mouth! it is like pudding, but breakfast.

so did you just post your eggasm?

i guess i would need to try it to get a good idea of how good it is because salty egg pudding doesn't sounds great to me

sigh...maybe i'll have to get a sous vide soon

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      I go the SV, I don't think I have an immersion blender anymore.

The things you can do with some eggs, a SV setup, and a bag... so many ways to go, so many textures, so many things.

Comment

Karon Adams ... Look for the Sous Vide Braised Short Ribs recipe in MC. They call for a 72 hour SV cook for those. Those will blow your mind too.👍

Comment

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Personally, I find their recommended temp for tender, yielding BSR to be needlessly high. I've found 133 to yield my favorite result, but worth experimenting to find your preferred temp.

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Also, their red wine glaze is incredible, but I'd make a triple recipe if making again, as it has a really low yield. You need a double recipe for the BSR on 229

Karon Adams , you might have given me the first reason to even think about buying a sous vide. I do loves me some eggs!

Thank you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here