Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gravy on eggs, question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gravy on eggs, question

I made short ribs yesterday, and as usual there is a lot of that delicious gravy left, the one with the beef juices and red wine, and all the herbs and other wonderful things that make short ribs great.

Do you think that leftover gravy will be good on, say… eggs? Scrambled? Or over easy? Maybe on a mushroom and cheese omelet?

I would add the option of “try it and see”, but I’ve already decided to do that. I’m just trying to gauge the extent of my pending folly.
    Yes
    79.17%
    No
    20.83%

The poll is expired.

I freeze it in small containers and use it as an instant pan sauce for steak & potato night. Also have used it as a ‘starter’ for the next short rib braise.

Comment

Gravy on scrambled eggs, hell yeah. Fried eggs, nah, I want to taste that delicious runny yellow yolk.

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Make that beer gravy on scrambled eggs.

Make rice, make a burger patty, make a couple sunny-side up with nice runny yolks. Assemble rice, burger, gravy. eggs. Loco Moco.

Make a Mai Tai and pretend you're in Hawaii.

Comment

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        I forgot about this. We’ve had two vacations to The Big Island, but haven’t been there in over 15 years.

• DogFaced PonySoldier
        DogFaced PonySoldier commented
        Editing a comment
        Friend recently went there, she used to live there, says it is terrible now. Prices have always been high, but now they're unbelievable. And the squatters (and of course tourists) ruin the beaches. So she said, I dunno. Sad to hear.

Never tried it but it sounds great to me!

Comment

Isn’t gravy one of the essential food groups. I don’t know if I would use it for breakfast but I would for sure use it on 99% of the things I eat for dinner. Think of it with roast beef, a good hamburger steak with sautéed onions, or diluted a bit with beef broth to use to dip a sandwich in. I might even inject something with it.

Comment

• Oak Smoke
          Oak Smoke commented
          Editing a comment
          ComfortablyNumb The gravy he describes is much different than the breakfast gravy I make.

Sausage gravy, brown gravy, country gravy, chicken gravy, red eye gravy, bacon gravy,…..

YES on eggs and whatever else you want to put it on!!!!!

Comment

No...then again I like a stupid hot salsa on huevos rancheros or migas so maybe?

Comment

Hmmm. Home fries with onions and hatch chiles, and a mushroom omelet, all with gravy.

What could go wrong.

Comment

Well the verdict is in. This is freakin’ OUTSTANDING.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D8A9491A-3293-486D-BC40-99021DABA3C0.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	1316682

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here