Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I heard a loud pop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard a loud pop.

First, I'm not a big fan of breakfast - the meal. I prefer to have breakfast at night, but my doctor told me I should eat it first thing in the morning, so I do. But I hate to go to a lot of trouble, so it's usually a bowl of cereal or a boiled egg - I boil several the first part of the week and just take one out of the refrigerator when I want one. I nuke it for 15 sec. to take the chill off, peel it and eat it.

This morning I was talking to my wife when I put the boiled egg in the microwave and must have hit 150 instead of 15. Still talking to my wife with the microwave running, I heard a loud pop and knew instantly what had happened. My wife gave me "the look", but when I opened the microwave door, she started laughing and said "You get to clean that up."

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210707_073955[1].jpg
Views:	334
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	1056823

Lol, my wife would have said same thing!

Comment

My wife also has them for breakfast now and then, but she eats hers straight from the fridge. Sometimes in the car on the way to work and sometimes over the sink with a dash of hot sauce.

Comment

Guilty, as a young Marine in the barracks trying to make an egg salad when hot plates were verboten. Nobody told me eggs do that.

Comment

Funny, and my wife also would have said the same thing.

Comment

RonB Don’t feel bad, I had the same thing happen to me recently with some ribs I was cooking.

Comment

• Murdy
            Murdy commented
            Editing a comment
            Any pics?

Dang. your wives are really forgiving.
          As we just finished a reno. Mine probably would have told me to find a new place to live. 😳😬

Comment

Hey, truly scrambled eggs! What did they taste like?

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL Brother

• RonB
              RonB commented
              Editing a comment
              Too many tiny pieces to try tastin', and the smell of overcooked egg helped with the decision to not taste...

• fzxdoc
              fzxdoc commented
              Editing a comment
              Scrambled and dispersed.

Ouch!

Comment

I saw a coworker bight into a boiled egg he had microwaved for 20 seconds. It sounded like a gun had gone off. It blew egg up his nose and under his eyelids. We took him to the ER. It actually burned the inside of his nose and his eyes were red for a week. He said it was just warm to the touch. Evidently they can build a lot of pressure around the yoke. The next day we duplicated the accident. We heated an egg for 20 seconds then dropped it outside the break room door. It exploded too.

Comment

• RonB
                RonB commented
                Editing a comment
                I only nuke 'em for 15 sec, then peel, and then cut in half. I also use a push pin to punch a hole in the big in to let the air out so the eggs don't crack while they're boiling.

• fzxdoc
                fzxdoc commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow. So it didn't blow up when he peeled it, apparently, just when he bit into it. That yoke was a ticking bomb.

I'm tempted to try this at home, since I'm still in a fireworks sort of mood.

Kathryn

• Oak Smoke
                Oak Smoke commented
                Editing a comment
                I should be better at giving all the facts. The egg was peeled before he heated it. One of the other people we worked with had chickens and kept us supplied in boiled eggs. There was a bowl with several in it kept in the break room fridge. I don’t know if them being cold at the start had anything to do with it.

I have no freaking appetite when I wake up in the morning. But I know I need to eat something and I need to eat something that isn't loaded with carbs.

So yeah, like you I'm trying to shove eggs down my throat or some type of muffin sandwich with egg cheese and sausage.

3 hours later when I get to work on my bicycle my metabolism kicks in like the bad out of Hades and then I'm eating non-stop until I get home and go to bed.

Comment

• fzxdoc
                fzxdoc commented
                Editing a comment
                Me too. Can't stand the sight of food in the morning, or at lunch either. But by 4pm I'll eat any food that gets in my way.

K.

That's hard to beat.

Comment

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                I see what you did there ....

A loud pop? Like an... eggsplosion?

Comment

• ofelles
                ofelles commented
                Editing a comment
                groan to both of you!

• rickgregory
                rickgregory commented
                Editing a comment
                RonB - uh oh we're in hot water with ofelles now...

• ofelles
                ofelles commented
                Editing a comment
                RonB rickgregory Don't worry you'll hardly notice.

Remember back in the 80s when stores would keep display microwaves PLUGGED IN??? Well I am part of the reason why this stopped.

Except I would use RAW eggs. Made a much bigger mess

Comment

LOL, Your post reminded me of a time when a fellow employee decided to warm a hard-boiled egg in a microwave.
                The egg blew up when he bit into it. Gave us something to talk and laugh about.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here