Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dutch Oven or other recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone for your help. We have the Lodge combo 5qt on the way!

Comment

PBCDad did you end up with the Lodge Combo-Cooker (3.2 quart with skillet as the lid), or the Lodge Double-Dutch oven, which is a 5 quart pot with a skillet as the lid?

Just curious. I've got the standard Lodge 5 quart with lid, my daughter has that double dutch oven and likes it, plus her lid doubles as a 10" skillet. I've thought of the combo cooker for bread, and those times I need a smaller dutch oven than my 5 quart.

Either way, if you keep that cast iron seasoned, it will be great for baking and anything else you want to throw at it, without anything flaking off in your food. Well - I guess seasoning can come off, but its edible, unlike porcelain!
      Last edited by jfmorris; March 1, 2021, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• PBCDad
        PBCDad commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry I'm mixing terms. It is the 5qt Double Dutch Oven with the skillet as the lid

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        PBCDad great choice! I use my 5 quart Lodge frequently - for chili this weekend. It's pretty much non-stick for anything I've made in it. Hope you guys like it for your bread baking! I only have a 12" Lodge skillet, so sometimes with I had gotten the double dutch oven instead, to have a 10" skillet.

I got one of the 5 quart dutch ovens by Lodge. Ordered it a while back and it finally arrived yesterday. Unfortunately it had some manufacturing issues (A deep dent in the bottom and some serious grind marks all along one side). I contacted Lodge directly and showed them pictures, they confirmed that is absolutely not what it is supposed to look like.
      I've now gone on to Amazon to get a replacement sent out (and of course the customer support chat crashed so not sure where it all ended up, I'm just going to wait to see if I get an email or if I have to contact them again!)

I love my 10" Lodge skillet, but I am tempted to get a 12" one as well.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here