Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So you're thinking about making bread for the first time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you're thinking about making bread for the first time.

I just watched this video and thought it might help those of you who are thinking about making bread. He discusses three ways of making the bread using the same recipe. The first is dead easy. # 2 takes a bit more work, and the last is still a bit more work. This way you get to decide how much effort you want to put into it.

Last edited by RonB; February 5, 2021, 06:18 PM.

That's an excellent video.

Comment

I'll watch that video later but anybody that has never tried baking a loaf of bread but wants to should definitely give Lahey's No Knead method a try. Just google "overnight white" or "no knead bread". It doesn't get any easier.

Comment

Well, that goes beyond buying a frozen loaf and sticking it in the oven.
        Good to know. Tx U

Comment

My wife has informed me that meat is my domain and bread is hers. Ah well.

Comment

Interestingly enough, I decided that I wanted to try my hand at sourdough and started making my starter dough yesterday.

Comment

• Skip
              Skip commented
              Editing a comment
              Good luck. It's a fun time!

• Richard Chrz
              Richard Chrz commented
              Editing a comment
              I think playing with a starter is just as much fun, maybe more even then the making the dough.

• RickyBobby
              RickyBobby commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks! I’m excited to try my hand. I absolutely love sourdough, so I’m hoping it turns out!!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here