Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bread... Sometimes you just have to wing it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    Bread is like BBQ... easy once you figure it out.πŸ€— Once you understand the critical details it's a forehead slapper, and you wonder why you thought it seemed so difficult before.
    Last edited by Breadhead; July 30, 2017, 11:02 PM.

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    There are some ovens made specifically for baking bread that most people don't even know exist. 6 rack ovens that have built in misting system... that's like baking 60 loaves of bread in a douch oven. Perfect steam at exactly the right time and then it shuts down to brown your crusts.Γ°ΕΈβ€˜Β

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    Breadhead thank you sir. The rolled dough though. Oh my world!! We had the rotating Fisch ovens with 5 or 6 shelves, and some covects and combis. Amazing. I submit we produced far better bakers and pastry arts folk then cooks. Their were more cooks which leftbmore oven time for the bakers.

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    Post away my friend... not a problem.πŸ‘

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    My wife said i should not hog some ones post. I apologize if I did that. Was just thinking out lout and could not find the pics of 1000's of cookies I was trying to share. Bread too.

• EdF
    replied
    Nice inventions! Around here, my wife is the bake-meister. Works for both of us.

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    replied
    I made tons of breads, cakes, muffins, biscuits, pie crusts, cookies etc.. in culinary school. Not really my thing. I dig the rolled dough and the clafoutis though. I respect Breadhead and admire his dedication to the formula and craft. Just sharing a few pics.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0021.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	354678

Name:	IMG_0017.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	354679

Name:	IMG_0019.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	354680

Name:	IMG_0022.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	354681

Name:	IMG_0020.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	354682

Name:	IMG_0018.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	354683

Leave a comment:

• JCGrill
    replied
    I love bread. I don't eat as much as I used to though. It would be hard not to with stuff like that around.

Leave a comment:

• kmhfive
    replied
    Looks good! One day I'll take up bread. I have never been successful with bread, but one day I'll jump back into it!

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    commented on 's reply
    Ok, thanks

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    Double everything except for the yeast. That small packet of yeast will rise 1000 grams of flour. Do everything exactly the same and all will be good.πŸ‘

• DWCowles
    replied
    Breadhead when making the hamburger buns the recipe is only for 6 buns. If I want to make 12 buns do I have to make the recipe twice or can I just double everything?

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    started a topic Bread... Sometimes you just have to wing it.

Bread... Sometimes you just have to wing it.

I'm a sourdough guy... Mostly. Sometimes your starter is not ready when you want to bake bread. So one must wing it and lower themselves to use commercial yeast.

I decided to do a 15 hour preferment and then add 20% of the flour as Whole Wheat, just for the fun of it.

All turned out well...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here